Why go for the best air fryer toaster oven? Food lovers can use it to air fry French fries, bake a pizza, roast a whole chicken, and of course, toast bread. Health-conscious diners can trust the unit to keep a lid on their daily oil intake. That isn’t where the good news ends.
Every high-end air fryer toaster oven gives you options using which you can preheat and warm your meals. That is to make sure the food stays sizzling until the guests arrive. They also have features like an auto-shutoff option and a cool-to-the-touch exterior to ensure their users’ safety.
These units offer various accessories, too, to let you make the most of their massive interior. They include baking pans, oven racks, rotisserie handles and multiple trays. And the best thing about them? All their inner parts are dishwasher-safe. You won’t have to manually scrub oil off of them.
Buying Guide – How to choose Air Fryer Toaster Oven?
- Buying Guide – How to choose Air Fryer Toaster Oven?
- The Best Air Fryer Toaster Oven for 2021 Reviewed
- 1. Cuisinart TOA-60 Convection Toaster Oven Airfryer – Best Overall
- 2. Breville BOV900BSS Smart Oven Air Convection and Air Fry – Best High-End
- 3. COSORI CO130-AO Air Fryer Toaster Oven – Most Versatile
- 4. Ninja SP101 Foodi 8-in-1 Digital Air Fry Toaster Oven – Best Rated
- 5. Instant Omni Plus Air Fryer Toaster Oven – Most User-Friendly
- 6. Black+Decker TO3265XSSD Extra Wide – Best Budget
One of two types of shoppers will consult this guide. The first are those who know the ins and outs of air fryer toaster ovens. Their presence here is only to identify the unit with the best reviews. Once they have stumbled upon such a model, they won’t think a second before buying it.
Such clear-headed food lovers are in the minority. Most of you might have a lot of questions in your minds about air fryer toaster ovens, their various types, the capacity that they offer, and whether you should go for a digital or a manual model. This section is dedicated to answering those queries.
Here are the questions you need to ask to land the best air fryer toaster oven:
What size air fryer toaster oven do you need?
Here’s how you can determine which size air fryer toaster oven do you need:
- For 1 to 2 person household: Air fryer toaster ovens with up to 3-quarts capacity are more than enough. Their interior can cook up to six chicken wings or a sizable bowl of French Fries in one go.
- For 3 to 5 person household: Models with 3 to 5-quart capacity are required. These units are big enough to prepare up to 5 medium-sized chicken breasts at once, or enough veggies for 5 to 6 persons.
- For 5 to 8 person household: Units with a capacity between 6 and 10-quarts are a must-have. Such models have a massive basket that allows you to prepare meals for the entire family in one batch.
Is digital or manual air fryer toaster oven better?
Here’s how you can answer this question based on your requirements:
Digital Air Fryer Toaster Oven
Want to know why most of the models you see in this review are equipped with a digital touchscreen and digital LED display? Because both make the air frier extremely easy to use. And they also let you activate the timer, set temperature, and select cooking functions with a single tap.
Some of them even give you options to grill, dehydrate, roast, and even shrimp. Other top-rated digital units go as far as to let you turn on their inner light from outside, thereby allowing you to check on the food’s progress without disturbing the cooking process.
- Stylish and elegant design
- Offer various cooking functions
- LED display and touchscreen panel
Manual Air Fryer Toaster Oven
Analog air fryers don’t offer many features that you can get from their digital peers. But they are less complex to use, especially for the elderly, and occupy less space on the shelf. And that too while costing less than digital air fryer toaster ovens.
On the flip side, since these units don’t have any display, you have no way to know the status of the food you may have put in the basket. Though some of them do offer as many if not more cooking functions as their digital counterparts.
- Easy to use
- Competitively priced
- Small and compact design
- No display
What is the air fryer toaster oven’s food loading/unloading mechanism?
Air fryer toaster ovens let you insert food and take it out in one of the following ways:
- Front drawer: Such units have the same loading/unloading mechanism as your average microwave oven. You only have to open their front-facing door to put in and take out meals. This makes them easy to use and occupy less shelf space.
- Flip-top lid: Such models require that you place them on a cabinet where there are no shelves overhead – as you have to open their lid towards the roof. Needless to say that this mechanism makes them challenging to use vis-à-vis front drawer models.
What features to look for in an air fryer toaster oven?
Here are the features that almost all top-rated models possess:
- Auto-shutoff function: Do you have the elderly at home who would be using the model in your absence? Going for the auto-shutoff function – which will turn off the unit once its pressure exceeds a predetermined limit, will help keep them safe.
- Dishwasher-safe parts: Do you like cleaning dishes after everybody has had dinner? Neither do we. That’s why we suggest that you should only invest in an air fryer toaster oven whose inner parts are dishwasher-safe.
- Multiple cooking options: One of the reasons we chose the Cuisinart TOA-60 as the best air fryer toaster oven on the market is that there’s no limit to the dishes you can prepare with this product.
The Best Air Fryer Toaster Oven for 2021 Reviewed
In this section, we have listed the 10 best air fryer toaster ovens of 2021 currently available. The list includes the products we have used and other good options based on features, customer reviews, and overall feedback.
1. Cuisinart TOA-60 Convection Toaster Oven Airfryer – Best Overall
Multiple features of the Cuisinart TOA-60 make it a must-have. Start with its never-ending list of pre-programmed functions. You can count on them to let you cook a lasagna, air fry French fries, bake a pizza, and roast a whole chicken. You can also toast 6 pieces of bread or keep meals warm.
Then comes the auto-shutoff function. It works based on information sent to it by an invisible yet handy pressure sensor and shuts down the unit when the pressure reading exceeds a safe limit. You can thus count on this feature to keep anybody using the air fryer safe.
Equally useful are the four dials on this model’s control panel. You can use the two on the left to activate the timer and set the temperature. The third dial, on the other end, allows you to air fry, roast, toast, bake, warm, and broil your meals. And you can turn to the fourth dial to turn the unit on/off.
- Seven pre-programmed functions
- Can fit up to 3lbs of chicken at once
- Equipped with four easy-to-use dials
- Doesn’t have any display
2. Breville BOV900BSS Smart Oven Air Convection and Air Fry – Best High-End
The Breville BOV900BSS offers many outstanding features. Foremost among them is its interior light which you can control from outside. This slight tweak in the light’s on/off mechanism means you can check in on your food’s progress without disturbing the ongoing cooking process.
Also on offer are 13 preset cooking functions. You can turn to them to air fry, toast, broil, roast, slow cook and warm your food. There’s another function that lets you re-heat your meals, thereby making sure that the food remains sizzling until the guests have arrived for dinner.
Breville further ups the ante by equipping this model with a 2-speed convection fan. The lower speed is for those times when you’ve all the time in the world. The higher speed setting speeds up the cooking process, but not at the cost of burning your meals or leaving them half-cooked.
- Can airfry, dehydrate and roast
- LCD display and 13 cooking functions
- Comes with a 2-year limited warranty
- Weighs a lot
3. COSORI CO130-AO Air Fryer Toaster Oven – Most Versatile
Cosori has been well-known for years for its high-quality air fryers. Units like the CO130-AO are the main reason why. This versatile product offer 12 – yes, TWELVE – preprogrammed settings. You’d have to have a really inventive mind to come up with a dish that this model cannot serve.
Here’s why we can say that with confidence. This unit doesn’t only let you air fry, roast toast, bake and broil. But it also gives you the option to dehydrate your meals and even ferment them. And the best thing about all these functions? You can activate any of them by simply turning a dial.
Cosori further sweetens the deal by equipping this model with an LED display and an interior light that you can turn on/off from outside. It also provides highly-useful accessories, including a removable crumb tray, rotisserie fork set, rotisserie handle, and more. What more can you ask for!
- Offers 12 preset cooking functions
- Polished LED display for easy reading
- Comes with loads of accessories
- The fan tends to get noisy at the 2nd-speed setting
4. Ninja SP101 Foodi 8-in-1 Digital Air Fry Toaster Oven – Best Rated
Ninja has made the most of this air fryer’s stainless steel construction by decorating it with well-rounded corners and a digital control pad. The former gives this model a stylish look that will help it stand out among other gadgets in your kitchen.
The digital control pad, with its protruded buttons, makes operating this model a cinch. It contains eight cooking options and sits atop a dial that lets you pause/start the unit. Beneath it are buttons using which you can activate the timer, set temperature, turn on the inner light and turn off the fryer.
Ninja has equipped this model with flip-away functionality too. You can close it like your laptop when you feel the need to clean surfaces beneath and around it. Also on offer is a removable crumb tray that does what its name implies. And you can also access this model’s back panel for deep cleaning.
- Stands on the side when not in use
- Has easy to use digital controls
- Offers eight cooking functions
- Cooking times are longer than what’s stated in the booklet
5. Instant Omni Plus Air Fryer Toaster Oven – Most User-Friendly
Part of the reason why this model is ultra user-friendly has to do with the placement of its buttons. There are 11 of them, with the first nine signifying cooking options. All are placed just beneath the display and are supplemented with easy-to-read icons telling what each button is supposed to do.
Unlike its analog counterparts, this digital air fryer toaster oven won’t force its users to guess the cooking option they may have activated. Or the time/temperature they may have set. It lays out all its current settings in the form of bold letters on the LED display. There’s no way you can miss them.
We were equally impressed with its dials. There are two of them, one on either side, with the LED display and the buttons sandwiched between. The left dial lets you activate cooking functions (which you can also do by pressing buttons). And the right one is for setting time and temperature.
- Comes with six accessories
- Lets you activate 11 programs with the touch of a button
- Can roast a whole chicken at once
- Has only 1-year warranty
6. Black+Decker TO3265XSSD Extra Wide – Best Budget
How can you be sure that this air fryer toaster oven is the best on a budget? By juxtaposing its price tag with any one of the five models we reviewed above. Only then you’d realize that you can purchase three Black + Decker TO3265XSSDs for the price of one Cuisinart TOA-60.
However, corners haven’t been cut to keep its asking price low. You can verify this claim by checking out its five cooking functions. They allow you to air fry, broil, bake, toast and warm-up your meals. And that too in a spacious basket that can hold up to 8 slices of bread at a time.
Equally worthy of your attention is its 60min timer. It is punctuated by 10min intervals and is convenient both for long- and short-term cooking tasks. Throw into the mix this model’s stainless steel construction, and one thing becomes certain: anyone who doesn’t know its asking price in advance might never be able to guess it correctly.
- Affordably priced
- Has extra-large capacity
- Boasts stainless steel construction
- Doesn’t have a display
- The 10 Best Air Fryers Under $100 for 2021
- The 10 Best Food Dehydrators for 2021
- The 10 Best Air Fryers for 2021
The best air fryer toaster ovens in 2021 don’t only air fry and toast your meals. They also give you the option to bake a pizza, roast a whole chicken, prepare crunchy veggies, and more. That’s precisely why we suggest that you get one of them for your kitchen.