This pizza dough is so unbelievably easy to make, it’s our staple go to: yeast, honey, flour, olive oil and salt + 15 minutes
I am proud to present to you: quick easy pizza dough. And I really, truly mean that.
This is a go-to staple in our house, a recipe that we make at least twice a week. We use it for pizza (of course!) but it’s an easy substitute for most bread-based recipes.
The best thing about it is that it doesn’t require kneading or a lot of rising time. It’s literally the quickest, easiest pizza dough recipe I’ve ever seen!
Oh, and it tastes pretty good too!
Painless Pizza Crust
- 1 1/2 TBSP Yeast
- 1 tsp Honey
- 1 cup Warm Water (110 Degrees F)
- 2 1/2 cups Unbleached Flour
- 2 TBSP Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- Whisk yeast, honey, and warm water together in a bowl. Cover and let it stand about 10 minutes. It should be frothy, like the first picture. See how much the yeast loves honey? Sugar can also be used.
- Stir in flours, salt and oil. I do this with my dough hook in the Kitchenaid but you can kneed it by hand.
- Move dough to a floured surface, cover with a towel, and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Now you can either use your dough as is or if you have a few more minutes, shape it and let it sit again for another 5 minutes or so to let it develop a little more flavor.
- Bake your crust in the oven at 450 degrees until it starts to brown, then add your ingredients and continue to bake until the cheese is melted.