Thank you for reading this! This is my favorite light, fluffy, delicious pancakes from scratch recipe.
There’s about a bajillion recipes for pancakes out there so this obviously isn’t a new concept. I actually debated whether it was worth it to share a pancake recipe.
Here are a few reasons why I decided to add this recipe to the site:
- It’s a staple recipe, modified from one on another website. It’s convenient to have the same go-to recipe every time since there’s only so many breakfast food options.
- This recipe actually does better when it has time to sit, making it the perfect thing to cook while multi-tasking.
- Since they’re uniquely fluffy and fun to make, it was worth being shared with others.
Better than Bisquick! They’re light, fluffy and delicious
There’s a trick to this recipe and I want to reiterate it now so nobody winds up with a pancake that’s anything less than light and fluffy:
Light, Fluffy, Delicious Pancakes From Scratch
Light, Fluffy, Delicious Pancakes From Scratch. (UNIQUE AND WORTH A TRY)
Servings: 12 Pancakes
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 2 TBSP Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 TBSP Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Egg
- Butter For Cooking
- In a small bowl, combine milk and vinegar. Allow it to sit for 5-10 minutes and let it sour.
- In a large bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients. Add the milk and stir well. Then let it sit for another 10 minutes, do NOT stir it again.
- Heat your griddle or a flat pan over medium heat. Add a spoonful of butter and let it melt. Ladle pancake batter on, 1/4 cup at a time. When the top begins to bubble (2-3 minutes) flip each pancake over and allow to cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, douse with butter and syrup and enjoy!
Give these a try and let me know how it works for you!
And, just for fun, in the comments, let me know what your favorite pancake topping is.