You know me. I love making my own skincare stuff. From Vitamin E balms to vanilla body scrubs to deodorant, if I can whip it up in my kitchen, sign me up. I’ve previously mentioned a few different homemade masks I liked, but this is something new I’ve tried out, so I thought I would share it in a little more detail!
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey (i use a raw variety for additional skin benefits)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- Combine all ingredients and mix, mix, mix!
- Spread it on your face with clean fingers.
- Let dry (about 10-15 minutes), then wash off with warm water, using circular motions (for a little exfoliating action).
So far, I love this mask. It smells, and tastes, delicious. I feel like I have a beavertail (a Canadian pastry for those not in the know) on my face, and it takes a whole lot of willpower not to eat this directly from the jar. Right after washing it off, any spots or discoloration will look a little more intense, but you’ll wake up the next morning with softer, smoother skin, and a more even tone!
If you have sensitive skin, reduce the amount of cinnamon you use and test it first.
REASONS YOU’LL LOVE THIS:
- Yogurt has lactic acid in it, which will help exfoliate the top layer of your skin. This will help reduce and/or eliminate any acne or post-acne marks you may have!
- Cinnamon helps dry out your skin, and subsequently any acne you may have, and brings blood to the surface of your skin (which helps plump up any fine lines).
- Honey is very soothing and moisturizing, and can help reduce redness. it’s also antibacterial, so it can help prevent future acne flare-ups.
Give this mask a try! let me know what you think of it!