In this article, I have listed the 10 best whole house water filters currently available. The list includes the products I have used and other good options based on features, customer reviews, and overall feedback.
MY TOP PICK: My vote goes to the Express Water WH300SCKS House Water filter that features chemical absorption technology to ensure chlorine-free water supply. All the parts are also made of independently tested and NSF/ANSI certified food-grade material.
It weighs around 65 pounds with dimensions measuring 23.5 x 8.5 x 30 inches making it a compact filter installed with any faucet in the home.
The filtration process reduces the contamination by 80 percent with its three-phased extensive sediment filtration, KDF stage, and CTO filtration.
The first stage removes sediments such as sand or dirt, while the second filter is lined with a granular filter to catch all the chemicals. Lastly, the third filter removes the terrible odor.
The one-inch connections are compatible with all kinds of household pipes, even copper or PVC pipes allowing you to install without any help from a paid professional.
Has the capacity to provide clean water at a 30 gallons per minute flow rate for a large household.
Reverse Osmosis Pre-Filter Housing Canister Wrench
You can mount anywhere on the countertop with its four-stage reverse osmosis system filter using 4 ½ by 20 inches filter cartridges.
Here is my list of The 10 Best Whole House Water Filters
Keep see our top 10 products in the following section to find the best one for your needs.
- Here is my list of The 10 Best Whole House Water Filters
- 1. Express Water WH300SCKS Heavy Metal Whole House Water Filter
- 2. APEC 3-Stage Whole House Water Filter
- 3. iSpring WKB32B Whole House Water Filter
- 4. Culligan WH-HD200-C Whole House Water Filter
- 5. Home Master HMF3SDGFEC Whole House Water Filter
- 6. GE GXWH40L Whole House Water Filter
- 7. Aquasana 10-Year, 1,000,000 Gallon Whole House Water Filter
- 8. iSpring WGB21B Whole House Water Filter
- 9. DuPont WFPF13003B Whole House Water Filter
- 10. Whirlpool WHELJ1 Whole House Water Filter
1. Express Water WH300SCKS Heavy Metal Whole House Water Filter
The Express Water WH300SCKS Whole House Water Filter removes all kinds of water contaminants, including iron, rust, mercury dirt, sand, lead, fungi, and more.
- Made of food-grade components making water safe to drink with even a better taste.
- Three-step filtration removes all kinds of dust, sand, chemicals, and other toxic material, altering the water’s taste and smell.
- Comes with a capacity to provide 100,000 gallons of water at a 30 GPM flow rate for 12 months.
- Includes lifetime customer services along with a one-year warranty.
- Comes with a freestanding frame for easy installation anywhere near a water softener, or in a cabinet, or on a wall.
- Doesn’t require any periodic maintenance, unlike other filters, saving you a lot of your money.
- Features a water pressure test gauge to maintain a working pressure of a maximum of 150 PSI.
2. APEC 3-Stage Whole House Water Filter
The APEC 3-Stage Whole House Filter Water Filter is an affordable filter that removes all kinds of dust particles and harmful chemicals during the three-step filtration process.
- Removes large residual particles in the first step, chlorine and chemicals in the second stage, and odors and pungent elements in the third step.
- The first 30-micron sediment filtration stage removes sand, dust, silt, or dust particles.
- The second stage uses a high-capacity iron filter to remove metallic taste and iron residues.
- The final 25-micron carbon filter guarantees chlorine-free water flow.
- Ensures a consistent 15 gallons water flow rate per minute without any filter tampering.
- Handles a volume of 20,000 gallons of water for six months without any extra maintenance or cleaning.
- Features BPA-free parts to keep the water taste intact.
3. iSpring WKB32B Whole House Water Filter
The affordable iSpring WKB32B Whole House Water Filter features a standard replaceable 20 inches filter.
- Comprises three stages known as a five-micron high capacity polypropylene sediment filter and two five-micron carbon block filter.
- The first stage removes dust, sediments, and the next two steps remove taste and odor from chloramines, pesticides, herbicides, VOC, and chlorine.
- Can easily be installed by connecting the inlet and outlet pipe to the PVC header.
- No need to call for a pro as you can quickly fix the brackets with a drilling machine.
- Uses a 1 inches port to minimize the water flow pressure to 15 gallons per minute.
- Certified by NSF to ensure the highest public safety and health standards.
4. Culligan WH-HD200-C Whole House Water Filter
The Culligan WH-HD200-C Whole House Water Filter is an apt choice for a small household, providing added filtration to remove sediments and other dust particles.
- Comes with a one-inch stainless steel reinforced inlet and outlet system, which provides consistent water pressure of 125 psi.
- Features a battery-operated filter life monitor, which indicates the filter change time.
- Offers a deep filtration to remove dirt, rust, scale, silt, sand, and other sediments.
- Features an integrated bracket design, which includes a bypass shutoff valve.
- Offers a 10,000 gallons water supply for three months.
5. Home Master HMF3SDGFEC Whole House Water Filter
The Home Master HMF3SDGFEC Whole House Water Filter provides clean and pressurized water to the entire household.
- Offers a maximum flow rate of 15 gallons per minute.
- Features a three-stage water filtration system that combines multiple gradients, radial glow, and carbon filters to remove water contaminations like iron, manganese, and hydrogen sulfide.
- Able to clean chlorinated acid water with a ph level lower than seven.
- Filter span varies with stages – 6-12 months for phase one, and 12 months for step 3.
- Ensures a water flow rate of 15 gallons per minute with a pressure drop less than one PSI.
- Comes with a two-years warranty to ensure a safe investment.
6. GE GXWH40L Whole House Water Filter
The GE GXWH40L Whole House Water Filter is an affordable, high-quality water filter that removes all kinds of impurities, sediments, scale, rust, and dust.
- Offers a heavy-duty filtration system which clear sumps, providing you a clear view of the filter.
- Requires a periodic filter cartridge replacement every three months.
- Certified with NSF/ANSI to guarantee safe and clean drinking water.
- Weighs around 4.1 pounds with dimensions measuring 16.4 x 8.4 x 7.9 inches.
- Easy-to-install with a one-inch plumbing connection.
- Comes with a pressure relief valve along with a bypass to ensure a filtered water supply.
- Includes supporting accessories like installation kit, wrench, and mounting brackets.
7. Aquasana 10-Year, 1,000,000 Gallon Whole House Water Filter
Aquasana Whole House Water Filter System w/ UV Purifier & Salt-Free Descaler – Filters Sediment & 97% Of Chlorine – Carbon & KDF Home Water Filtration – EQ-1000-AST-UV, Blue, 1,000,000-Gallon (EQ-1000-AST-UV-AMZN)
The Aquasana 10-Year, 1,000,000 Gallon Whole House Water Filter serves as a complete water filtration solution that softens hard water and removes all kinds of impurities.
- Features standalone water softening descaler that reduces the hard water effects.
- Removes 97 percent chlorine and 99.9 percent viruses and bacteria.
- The filter system comprises carbon and KDP media coupled with UV purifier and scale control media (SCM).
- The salt-free technology reduces the contamination by keeping the healthy minerals intact.
- Easy-to-maintain, which doesn’t require draining or backflushing.
- Includes a comprehensive kit consisting of the filter tank, conditioner tank, UV filter, 20 inches pre-filter, post-filter, brass fittings, bend supports, and shutoff valves.
8. iSpring WGB21B Whole House Water Filter
The iSpring WGB21B Whole House Water Filter offers a cost-effective filtration solution for your entire household.
- Consists of a high-efficient five-micron polypropylene sediment filter and advanced coconut shell carbon filters.
- NSF/ANSI certified cartridges are tested independently to ensure consistent filtration.
- Provides 100,000-gallon water supply for 12 months without any filter replacement during the period.
- Manufactured by a well-known US brand which is famous for its post-delivery customer services.
- Offers water flow rate of 15 GPM after removing 95 percent chlorine.
- Includes sediment filter, carbon block filter, and installation kit to facilitate the DIY installation process.
9. DuPont WFPF13003B Whole House Water Filter
The DuPont WFPF13003B Whole House Water Filter guarantees high-quality clean water after removing chlorine taste and other impurities like sediments, harmful metals, and silt.
- Features a UV purifier to improve the water quality after eliminating all kinds of bacteria without affecting the water taste or smell.
- Comes with a limited three years’ warranty to guarantee post-delivery customer service.
- Can store 150,000 gallons of water, which is sufficient for a complete medium-sized household.
- Features 10 inches standard cartridges that are affordable and easy to replace.
- The plastic construction makes it lightweight and portable.
- Includes accessories such as standard 10-inch filter, instruction guide, ploy block cartridge, and filter wrench.
10. Whirlpool WHELJ1 Whole House Water Filter
The Whirlpool WHELJ1 Whole House Water Filter comes with a central water filtration system that automatically cleans the filter every 14 days.
- Filter Sense Technology cleans and flushes the filter every 14 days, thus increasing the filter’s longevity.
- Provides unlimited access to safe and healthy water from any tap in your home.
- Certified with NSF to minimize the water confirmations of 40-microns or more, including chlorine, sediments, and other dust or sand particles.
- Comes with a bypass valve to ensure persistent water pressure.
- Includes an installation guide allowing you to install without hiring any pro.
- Warranty comprises one year for parts and labor, three years for electronics, and five years for the tank itself.
I believe after reading my list of the 10 best whole house water filters, you can now make a better decision buying one that fits your needs.
Feel free to add suggestions and comments in the section below to share your own experience with these products.