In this article, I have listed the 10 best toilets Consumer Reports currently available. The list includes the products I have used and other good options based on features, customer reviews, and overall feedback.
MY TOP PICK: If you are looking for a one-piece toilet, I’ll recommend the Toto UltraMax II One-Piece Elongated 1.28 GPF Universal Height Toilet featuring a CEFIONTECT glaze and tornado flush system.
Patented Sanagloss Coating
Comes with Toto’s Sanagloss coating on the 2-⅛ inches wide trap-way to prevent stains or skid-marks. Moreover, the glossy coating doesn’t let the dust or debris settle on the toilet bowl.
Double Cyclone Flushing System
Features a three inches valve to release 1.28 gallons of water at a relatively higher speed.
Made of Polypropylene, the seat can close gently to minimize slamming noise.
Comes with a chrome-plated trip lever, a tank cover, a SoftClose seat, and fittings.
Here is my list of The 10 Best Toilets
- Here is my list of The 10 Best Toilets
- 1. Toto UltraMax II One-Piece Elongated 1.28 GPF Universal Height Toilet
- 2. WOODBRIDGE T-0019 Cotton White toilet
- 3. Nature’s Head Self Contained Composting Toilet
- 4. Saniflo 023 Sanicompact Self-Contained Toilet
- 5. CARUS TOILET One Piece Short Compact Bathroom Tiny Dual Flush Shortest Projection SMALLEST
- 6. 20-inch Extra Tall Toilet. Convenient Height bowl taller than ADA Comfort Height
- 7. Saniflo SaniPLUS: Macerating Upflush Toilet Kit
- 8. TOTO Drake 2-Piece Ada Toilet
- 9. GALBA Small Toilet
- 10. American Standard 2887218.020 H2Option Dual Flush Elongated 0.92/1.28 GPF Toilet
1. Toto UltraMax II One-Piece Elongated 1.28 GPF Universal Height Toilet
The Toto UltraMax II One-Piece Elongated 1.28 GPF Universal Height Toilet features an elongated design with a comfortable height.
- Includes a soft closing seat made of glossy, touch Polypropylene to withstands scuffs and stains.
- Features a siphon jet near the trap-way to create centrifugal suction.
- Consists of two nozzles under the rim to prevent skid marks.
- The flush takes only 10 seconds to refill the tank completely.
- Follows the standards of EPA WaterSense, and California’s CEC and CALGreen.
2. WOODBRIDGE T-0019 Cotton White toilet
The WOODBRIDGE T-0019 Cotton White toilet features an elongated shape with a dual flush system to release one gallon in half flush and 1.6 gallons in full flush.
- Comes with a stainless steel hinge, resistant to rust and corrosion.
- Features a one-piece unit thus saving your money in buying extra parts to install it.
- Includes siphon flushing system to prevent clogging and leaking.
- Offers a five-year limited warranty on Porcelain parts.
- Comes with a 1.28-gallon tank that can easily fit in small spaces.
- Incorporates a dual reservoir system to efficiently conserve water in two separate reservoirs depending upon your preference.
3. Nature’s Head Self Contained Composting Toilet
The Nature’s Head Self Contained Composting Toilet features a durable design made of stainless hardware.
- Comes with a full-size elongated seat which is comfortable to use and easy to clean.
- Features a built-in air circulation fan to recycle the bathroom’s air to keep it fresh and clean.
- Uses a compost bin instead of a back-sewage tank thus eliminating chances of clogging.
- Features an eco-friendly, self-contained, and portable toilet that doesn’t require water for flushing.
- Includes two separate compartments to store both liquid and solid waste.
4. Saniflo 023 Sanicompact Self-Contained Toilet
The Saniflo 023 Sanicompact Self-Contained Toilet comes with a motor-operated system to macerate waste instead of the regular gravity-based mechanism.
- Uses only one gallon per flush to conserve water.
- Includes a flusher/push button to activate the valve and water.
- The motor runs for 15 seconds to completely refill the bowl with fresh water.
- Features a macerator pump which can easily be installed without tearing up the concrete flooring.
- Includes a non-return valve to prevent backflow.
5. CARUS TOILET One Piece Short Compact Bathroom Tiny Dual Flush Shortest Projection SMALLEST
As the name suggests, the CARUS TOILET One Piece Short Compact Bathroom Tiny Dual Flush Shortest Projection SMALLEST comes in a one-piece design made from Vitreous China.
- Features a self-cleaning design that can withstand scratch fade rust, or discolor.
- Comes in a smooth-sided design to eliminate crevices to facilitate convenient cleaning.
- Offers an elongated bowl design offering a comfortable seat.
- Consumes 1.6 gallons per flush.
- Offers a manufacturer’s warranty of one year for the parts.
- Includes G-Max siphon technology to ensure powerful flushing.
- Passes the National GB standard cleaning water test, thus guaranteeing hygiene and cleanliness.
6. 20-inch Extra Tall Toilet. Convenient Height bowl taller than ADA Comfort Height
The 20-inch Extra Tall Toilet. Convenient Height bowl taller than ADA Comfort Height is a water-efficient toilet that uses only 1.28 gallons per flush.
- Includes a dual flush system using 0.9 gallons per light flush and 1.28 gallons for a full flush.
- Features an elongated bowl design to make sitting more comfortable.
- Comes with a lower flush valve to guarantee the high velocity of water in every flush.
- Certified with EPA WaterSense thus ensuring lesser use of water as compared to a standard toilet.
- Features a corrosion-resistant plastic handle to enhance durability.
- Offers warranty of three years on its components and protection against defects in the chinaware material.
- Includes a slow close seat to minimize slamming noise.
- Incorporates a canister flush valve to provide a powerful flush.
7. Saniflo SaniPLUS: Macerating Upflush Toilet Kit
As the name indicates, the Saniflo SaniPLUS: Macerating Upflush Toilet Kit comes with a complete kit including a macerating bathroom pump, white toilet bowl, and a tank.
- Absorbs vibrations by only emitting 10dB during the operation.
- Offers a manufacturer warranty for two years covering both repair and replacement costs.
- Comes in an elongated shape instead of a round bowl.
- The pump operates at 10 PSI flushing 1.6 gallons per flush.
- Can also discharge waste from other sanitary fixtures including a hand basin, a bidet, and a urinal.
8. TOTO Drake 2-Piece Ada Toilet
As the name suggests, the TOTO Drake 2-Piece Ada Toilet is a two-piece unit with a relatively high-profile close coupled tank.
- Manufactured by a Japanese company, TOTO which has been designing premium-quality hardware for the past 100 years.
- Measures 12 inches from the wall to the center of the drain pipe.
- Features commercial-grade G Max flushing technology consisting of a gravity-fed system with a three inches flush valve to release water.
- The Gravity-fed flushing system works more efficiently as compared to the pressure-assisted system.
- Features a full glazed trap to enhance cleaning power by preventing clogging.
- Incorporates siphon jet technology to clean the bowl with 1.6 gallons per flush.
- The water comes through angled nozzles at a pressure of 8 PSI.
- Offers a one-year warranty to ensure a safe investment.
9. GALBA Small Toilet
The GALBA Small Toilet comes in a compact design with dimensions of 24.5 x 14 x 27 inches, ideal for small bathrooms.
- Features a self-cleaning glazed surface resistant to scratch, fade, rust, or discolor.
- Made from vitreous china featuring plastic fittings that add to its durability.
- Includes dual flush mechanism with a two-sided button on top using 0.8 gallons for half flush and 1.6 gallons for full flush.
- Features a slim tank to fit tight spaces.
- Comes with a soft closed toilet seat instead of the standard slamming seats.
10. American Standard 2887218.020 H2Option Dual Flush Elongated 0.92/1.28 GPF Toilet
The American Standard 2887218.020 H2Option Dual Flush Elongated 0.92/1.28 GPF Toilet comes with a round-front bowl to occupy less space in the restroom.
- Certified with EPA WaterSense to make you eligible for consumer rebate on water bills depending upon the municipalities.
- Comes with an EverClean surface to protect against odor-causing bacteria, mildew, stains, and molds.
- Features a PowerWash rim to scrub away the waste while enhancing flush operation.
- Includes a dual-flush system consisting of partial flush consuming one gallon per flush and a full flush that consumes 1.6 gallon per flush.
- Features chrome-plated push-button actuator mounted on the top.
- Offers a limited lifetime warranty on chinaware and a limited five-year warranty on the rest of the mechanical parts.
I believe after reading my list of the 10 best toilets Consumer Reports, you can now make a better decision buying one that fits your needs.
Feel free to add suggestions and comments in the section below to share your own experience with these products.