In this article, I have listed the 10 best tankless water heaters Consumer Reports currently available. The list includes the products I have used and other good options based on features, customer reviews, and overall feedback.
If you are looking for the best overall tankless water heater, I recommend the EcoSmart ECO 27 Electric Tankless Water Heater, an ideal choice for small homes and apartments. As the name depicts, it’s an energy-efficient water heater that significantly reduces your electricity bill.
Easily fits in tight spaces with its space-saver dimensions measuring 18 x 17 x 3.75 inches. Not only that, It’s a stylish and modern heater weighing only 13.75 pounds.
Patented Heating Technology
Equipped with EcoSmart patented self-modulation technology, which reduces water consumption by up to 50 percent. It comes with three individual 9kW/240V heating elements to ensure a consistent water supply of 3 GPM.
Digital Temperature Controller
Features a digital temperature controller that can adjust the temperature with an accuracy of one degree. Moreover, it automatically monitors and adjusts the temperature without manual intervention.
Offers a limited lifetime warranty to ensure post-delivery customer service.
It’s 6.5 GPM water supply is enough for four showers and a sink running at the same time.
Here is my list of The 10 Best Tankless Water Heaters
- Here is my list of The 10 Best Tankless Water Heaters
- 1. EcoSmart ECO 27 Electric Tankless Water Heater
- 2. Stiebel Eltron Tankless Water Heater
- 3. Rinnai RU199iN Sensei Super High-Efficiency Tankless Water Heater
- 4. Rinnai V65eN Tankless Hot Water Heater
- 5. Bosch Electric Mini-Tank Water Heater
- 6. EcoSmart ECO 11 Electric Tankless Water Heater
- 7. Titan Electric Tankless Water Heater
- 8. Rheem RTEX-18 18kW 240V Electric Tankless Water Heater
- 9. Eemax EEM24013 Electric Tankless Water Heater
- 10. ECOTOUCH Tankless Electric Water Heater
1. EcoSmart ECO 27 Electric Tankless Water Heater
The EcoSmart ECO 27 Electric Tankless Water Heater saves up to 50 percent of the money spent on water heating costs.
- Comprises easy-to-replace stainless and copper components to provide durability and efficiency.
- A digital thermostat controls the temperature with one-degree increments.
- The tankless feature saves up to 12 cubic feet of additional storage space.
- Features self-modulation technology that heats water only when required.
- Comes in a stylish design with compact dimensions 17 H x 17W x 3.65D inches to occupy lesser storage space.
- Electrical requirements include 27 kW, 240 volts, 40 required breakers, 112.5 maximum AMP, and eight required wire.
- Offers the highest flow rate output of six GPM sufficient for four showers and a sink.
- Comes with a lifetime warranty to ensure a long-term investment.
2. Stiebel Eltron Tankless Water Heater
The German machine Steibel Eltron Tankless Water Heater is an advanced water heater that uses microprocessor technology to control the temperature.
- German patented advanced flow control automatically monitors and maintains consistent water temperature depending upon water capacity.
- Tempra Advanced Temperature Control provides access to a digital thermostat control screen.
- Offers manual adjustment of temperature within the range of 86F and 140F, with 92F being the best temperature for hot water.
- TEMPRA 24 PLUS requires 240V and 150 A from the power supply for smooth operations.
- Features noiseless electronic flow sensor switches to regulate the heating system.
- Offers limited warranty of seven years for leakage and three years for other parts.
- Ensures continuous hot water supply to two couple showers, a sink, or two bathrooms.
3. Rinnai RU199iN Sensei Super High-Efficiency Tankless Water Heater
The Rinnai RU199iN Sensei Super HIgh-Efficiency Tankless Water Heater provides endless hot water for your entire household.
- Runs on natural gas instead of electricity and facilitates in-door installation only.
- Capable of providing up to 11 GPM hot water flow rate depending upon the groundwater temperature,
- Equipped with Circ-Logic technology to enable you to set water recirculation patterns to match your daily requirements.
- Offers residential factory warranty comprising 120 months for heat exchanger, 12 months for labor, and 60 months for parts.
4. Rinnai V65eN Tankless Hot Water Heater
The outdoor Rinnai V65eN Tankless Hot Water Heater provides a maximum of 6.5 gallons of hot water supply per minute.
- Ensures outlet temperature of 105F degrees, which is a 28F degrees rise compared to the inlet temperature of 77F degrees.
- Sufficient for a large household consisting of three bathrooms and a kitchen with a combined total of 10 to 12 faucets and showers.
- With an energy factor of 0.82, it saves up to 82 percent of the energy and utilizes the rest of the 18 percent energy in other activities dissipating minimum energy.
- Field by natural gas, which is a cheaper energy source consuming 40 percent less energy.
- Connects to a smartphone through WiFi, allowing you to control and schedule temperature without frequent manual changing.
5. Bosch Electric Mini-Tank Water Heater
As the name indicates, the Bosch Electric Mini-Tank Water Heater is sufficient to supply hot water to a single point-of-use instead of multiple faucets/showers.
- Glass lining inside the tank and CFC-free foam insulation guarantee a significant 98 percent improvement in thermal energy efficiency.
- Provides three optional uses: support another water heater, independent use at sink, or buffer for another tankless water heater.
- Thermotechnology ensures convenient mounting on the wall or underneath the sink to occupy a compact space.
- Includes additional brackets for vertical installation on the floor, shelf, or wall.
- Supplies 5.1 gallons of water in the horizontal direction or seven gallons in case of vertical installation.
- Comes wih a two-years warranty for the parts and six- years warranty for the tank itself.
6. EcoSmart ECO 11 Electric Tankless Water Heater
The gas-powered EcoSmart ECO 11 Electric Tankless Water Heater is a modern addition to your home with its digital interface and thermostat.
- Comes with durable stainless steel heating chambers that transfer heat efficiently without any signs of corrosion.
- Self-modulation technology deployed behind a precise digital thermostat provides on-demand incremental degrees.
- Guarantees up to 60 percent of energy savings with its 99.8 percent energy efficiency rating.
- Provides 3 GPM peak hot water supply rate simultaneously to a shower and sink.
- Occupies a compact space due to its 3.8 x 8 x 11.5 inches dimensions.
- Comes with a diverse temperature range of 80F to 140F degrees.
7. Titan Electric Tankless Water Heater
The Titan Electric Tankless Water Heater features a state-of-the-art PID controller replacing standard ON/OFF functionality.
- Developed by Florida-based Titan, which is considered a pioneer of electric heaters since 1985.
- Comes with an air-water deferential analyzing mechanism that prevents dry starts.
- Requires standard connection with ½ inch or ¾ inch pipe fitting.
- Comprehensive warranty comprises of 10 years for the heating element and one year for electrical parts.
- Features an upgraded patented LCD screen for convenient temperature monitoring.
- A manual resettable thermostat is a couple with a dual micro-temp sensor to provide extra protection.
- Offers 4.5 GPM hot water supply rate at a maximum temperature of 95F degrees.
8. Rheem RTEX-18 18kW 240V Electric Tankless Water Heater
The Rheem RTEX-18 18kV 240V Electric Tankless Water Heater provides hot water supply even in harsh cold weather.
- Offers a wide range of temperature varying from 80F to 150F degrees.
- On-demand hot water supply ensures low energy consumption to reduce your electricity bill.
- Features modulation power coupled with an on-unit digital thermostat system, allowing you to adjust the temperature.
- Provides 5 GPM water supply, sufficient for two bathrooms in summers, and one bathroom at a lower temperature.
- Brass/Copper heat exchanger makes it durable and energy-efficient.
- Electrical requirements include 240V connection with two 40AMP circuit breakers and eight gauge copper wiring.
- Comes with one-year parts warranty and ten years heat exchanger warranty.
9. Eemax EEM24013 Electric Tankless Water Heater
The Eemax EEM24013 Electric Tankless Water Heater comes with a premium-quality stainless steel casing to reduce energy dissipation.
- Developed by Eemax, which has been manufacturing commercial and household electric heaters since 1988.
- Comes in a compact size allowing you to install it either on a wall or a shelf or underneath a sink.
- Features copper heating element to ensure 99 percent energy efficiency.
- Offers an on-demand water supply o 2.4 GPM at the desired temperature, courtesy of the temperature sensors, and advances water flow features.
- Can be used at the point of use or for multiple points depending upon the hot water requirements.
- Self-modulation technology adjusts the input energy requirement based on hot water usage.
10. ECOTOUCH Tankless Electric Water Heater
The ECOTOUCH Tankless Electric Water Heater guarantees minimum energy cost with 99.8 percent thermal efficiency.
- Can efficiently heat 1.5 GPM water from 67F to 106F degrees in a single go.
- Features over-temperature, dry heating, and leakage protection safety measures in addition to ETL approval.
- Comes with a one-year warranty for the heating unit to ensure safe investment.
- Incorporates a cast aluminum module to speaate water from electricity.
- Features patented heating technology coupled with micro-computer control.
- Comes in a compact design with the dimensions measuring 15.8 H x 11.1 H x 31.D inches to save storage space.
I believe after reading my list of the 10 best tankless water heaters Consumer Reports, you can now make a better decision buying one that fits your needs.
Feel free to add suggestions and comments in the section below to share your own experience with these products.