Every BBQ enthusiast knows that grilled food is far superior in aroma and taste than regular food. However, it can be troublesome if you do not own a backyard or live in a very cold place.
This is where we come in with smokeless grills for indoor kitchens. You can enjoy your favorite dishes without worrying about smoke filling up your whole house and setting off your smoke alarms.
In the following article, we have reviewed eight of the best smokeless indoor grills and their benefits. You can rest assured that each grill is researched thoroughly to give you only the best options for all your grilling needs.
Top 8 Best Smokeless Indoor Grills for 2020 Reviews
Keep see our top 10 products in the following section to find the best one for your needs.
- Top 8 Best Smokeless Indoor Grills for 2020 Reviews
- 1. Philips Kitchen Appliances Philips Smoke-less Indoor BBQ Grill
- 2. Hamilton Beach Electric Indoor Searing Grill
- 3. T-Fal GC7 Opti-Grill Indoor Electric Grill
- 4. Cuisinart GR-4N 5-in-1 Griddler
- 5. Delonghi BG24 Perfecto Indoor Grill, Black
- 6. Zojirushi EB-CC15 Indoor Electric Grill
- 7. Secura Smokeless Indoor Grill 1800-Watt Electric Griddle
- 8. George Foreman 15-Serving Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill
- Benefits of Using the Best Smokeless Indoor Grills
- How to Buy the Right Smokeless Indoor Grill for You
With various indoor grills models available in the market, it can be challenging to choose the best one for your needs. But do not worry; we have reviewed some of the best indoor grills in the following section.
1. Philips Kitchen Appliances Philips Smoke-less Indoor BBQ Grill
Even though you are cooking inside without any smoke, you do not have to compromise on the taste with the Philips Smokeless Indoor Grill. It uses a patented infrared technology along with special reflectors to grill your food evenly inside your home.
You do not even have to adjust the heat on this grill. The Smokeless Indoor Grill warms up to a consistent 446°F and maintains this optimum temperature throughout your grilling. As such, you get a perfect sear on the outside and tender meat on the inside.
Besides this, the grill comes with a drip tray that separates the extra grease from your food. The cool-to-touch tray and grid are relatively easy to clean and dishwasher-safe for your ease too.
Moving on to the cooking space, you get around 115 square inches on the non-stick Aluminum grids. Although it is not substantial, it is enough to cook for a couple of people.
- Infrared technology offers even cooking
- Preheats quickly
- Dishwasher-friendly parts
- Fast assembly
- Collects excess grease in the drip tray
- Not entirely smokeless
- Small cooking space
2. Hamilton Beach Electric Indoor Searing Grill
‘The Hamilton Beach Electric Indoor Grill is the best smokeless indoor grill according to consumer reports with its incredible performance and durable built.
It offers some of the juiciest and tender meat using high searing heats to lock in all the flavors. You can adjust the temperature with the included control knob, and reach a maximum of 450°F for optimum results.
Although it is relatively compact, you can rest assured that the 118 square inches of space can serve around six people simultaneously. Meanwhile, its lid can close down to give you perfect sear marks on your steaks.
The Hamilton Beach Grill also includes a drip tray and a window on the lid to keep an eye on your food. For clean-up, the drip tray, non-stick plate, and grill hood are dishwasher-safe for your ease.
- Adjustable temperature control
- Window on the lid
- The lid closes down for sear marks
- Large drip tray
- Dishwasher-friendly parts
- Small cooking capacity
- Longer preheating time
3. T-Fal GC7 Opti-Grill Indoor Electric Grill
If you want to invest in an innovative smokeless indoor grill that gives you evenly cooked food every time, then the T-fal Opti-Grill will be perfect for you.
The electric grill smartly adjusts its heating cycle according to your meal’s thickness, offering you tender food in every bite. You will not have to worry about hot spots or charred edges anymore.
Apart from this, you get two cooking modes, including frozen and a manual mode. You can select from six of the pre-programmed settings for poultry, burger, sandwich, red meat, fish, and sausage to take the guesswork out of your cooking.
Moreover, you get a preheating and ready indicator to monitor your grilling, and a loud beeping sound to alert you when your food is rare, medium, or well-done. Meanwhile, the 7° angled plate and the drip tray collect the excess grease from your food.
Besides this, the die-cast aluminum cooking grid, plates, and drip tray are non-stick and dishwasher-friendly to make clean-up easy.
- Convenient alarms
- LED alerts for preheating
- Innovative technology for even cooking
- Easy clean-up features
- Six presets
- More expensive than other models
- No temperature adjustment
4. Cuisinart GR-4N 5-in-1 Griddler
The Cuisinart Griddler is truly versatile, with its 5-in-1 function in a small compact body. You can use this kitchen appliance as a contact grill, full grill, Panini press, full griddle, and a half grill or griddle.
It has a brushed stainless steel body that offers durability and rust-resistance and comes with a robust Panini-style handle for your ease. With the floating cover, you can adjust the lid to the thickness of your food.
Besides this, you get adjustable control dials to select your desired setting and temperature. The indicator lights, meanwhile, alert you when your grill is ready.
You also get an integrated non-stick drip tray to collect the excess fat from your meal. Since the cooking plates are non-stick and dishwasher-safe too, it makes cleaning up a breeze.
- 5-in-1 versatility
- Durable construction
- Floating cover
- Adjustable temperature control
- Indicator LED light
- Fluctuating temperature
- The drip tray is not removable
5. Delonghi BG24 Perfecto Indoor Grill, Black
The Delonghi Perfecto Indoor Grill gives you optimum results with its unique heating system and even heat distribution. It has an embedded grilling plate with a heating element that offers perfect sears on your meat.
Moreover, the grill comes with a thermostat on the side for precise heat control on your food. You can detach it from the grill for storage too. On top of this, the grill has a tempered glass lid that locks all the moisture in and allows you to keep an eye on your food simultaneously.
Although it is quite compact and small enough to fit on your countertop, it gives you only 72 square inches of cooking space. Thus, you can only cook for a couple of people at a time.
Meanwhile, the aluminum grill plate is non-stick and comes with a drip tray to catch any grease from the food. As a result, it is relatively easy to clean the grill too.
- Glass lid to monitor your food
- Even heat distribution
- Compact size
- Easy-to-clean with non-stick drip tray
- Detachable thermostat for temperature control
- Tiny cooking capacity
- Long preheating time
6. Zojirushi EB-CC15 Indoor Electric Grill
The Zojirushi Electric Grill is another smokeless grill indoor in our list that offers exceptional features in a sturdy body. It has a non-stick grilling surface with a cooking capacity of 115 square inches to handle steaks, burgers, and even seafood.
You get an adjustable thermostat with variable heat control, ranging from 176°F to 410°F. Meanwhile, the cool-to-touch handles and base make it easy and safe to transport from your countertop to the dining table.
Besides this, the grill comes with a dishwasher-friendly drip tray that collects the excess fat from your food. It barely takes any time to dissemble the grill for clean-up after each cook.
- Ample cooking space
- Wide temperature range
- Cool-to-touch handles and base
- Dissembles quickly
- Dishwasher-safe drip tray
- Relatively expensive
- No power off button
- Does not retain heat at high temperatures
7. Secura Smokeless Indoor Grill 1800-Watt Electric Griddle
The Secura Smokeless Indoor Grill offers high versatility in a compact, portable design. It comes with a reversible, non-stick cooking plate which serves as a grill on one side and a griddle on the other side. Moreover, the heating element is sandwiched between the grill and griddle surface for optimum heat distribution on the whole cooking surface.
Besides this, the grill includes a removable, non-stick drip tray to collect excess grease for faster clean-up. With 180 square inches of cooking space, you can cook a variety of dishes on the grill. It also includes an adjustable thermostat with indicator lights to select your heat settings.
Apart from this, you get a removable glass lid on top to lock in all the moisture inside and to help you monitor your food. As for the clean-up, the brand has added a removable drip tray and smart grease channels to keep your grill clean.
- Versatile, reversible cooking plate
- For indoors and outdoors
- Removable glass lid
- Smart clean-up system
- Easy assembly
- Ample cooking space
- Inconsistent heat distribution
8. George Foreman 15-Serving Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill
The George Foreman Electric Grill is one of the best smokeless grills in the market, offering the customers value for their money. Since it is portable and comes with a removable stand, it can be used both indoors and outdoors. Just remove the stand to use it on your kitchen countertop for smokeless grilling.
The grill includes a removable grill plate and adjustable temperature control with five heat settings to cook almost any dish. You can rest assured that all the flavors are locked in with a domed lid, and there is no grease splattering.
Besides this, the grill has enough space for 15-servings on its 240 square inches circular grid. It also includes a sloped surface that removes the excess grease from the food. With a non-stick coating on the grill, you can easily clean the surface with a damp towel.
- The domed lid traps moisture and heat
- Ample cooking space
- Removable stand
- Works both indoors and outdoors
- Non-stick coating for easy clean-up
- Sloped surface
- Uneven heat distribution
- Chipping in some grills
- Read more: The best pellet smokers & grills for 2020
Benefits of Using the Best Smokeless Indoor Grills
We have listed some of the benefits you can get from your smokeless indoor grill in the following section.
- As the name suggests, smokeless indoor grills function on electricity and do not produce smoke inside your home. Hence, they are safer to use indoors compared to charcoal or gas grills.
- They are quite economical when it comes to grilling restaurant-grade food right at your home.
- It is incredibly beneficial for people suffering from respiratory health issues like asthma or sinusitis. By reducing the smoke to a minimum amount, you can enjoy the taste of grilled food without potentially harming yourself.
- Smokeless indoor grills reduce the production of greenhouse gases like hydrocarbons and carbon monoxide. It ensures that you breathe only fresh air inside your home.
- A smokeless grill is more convenient than a charcoal or gas grill. With faster heating, easier clean-up, and minimum assembly, it saves you a lot of effort.
- Many smokeless indoor grills offer even heat distribution on their grilling surface to give you evenly cooked food every time.
How to Buy the Right Smokeless Indoor Grill for You
If you are purchasing your first smokeless indoor grill, you must invest wisely. Hence, we have mentioned some of the factors you need to consider before buying a grill for yourself.
Since most smokeless indoor grills are quite compact, you do not get substantial cooking space on your grill. Ensure whether the cooking capacity will be enough for the number of people you have to cook regularly.
The best grills will offer superior heat control to their customers. If your grill does not provide high temperatures, your food might remain undercooked and dry. Hence, look for a grill with an adjustable thermostat to give you versatility in the kitchen.
If you are going to use your indoor grill quite often, you need to make sure that it has easy clean-up features. These include a non-stick coating, removable drip tray for grease, and an angled cooking surface to channel the excess fat away from your food.
Smokeless indoor grills are an ideal alternative to outdoor BBQ for people who love grilled food but do not have a backyard or suffer from respiratory health problems. These grills offer convenience, fast heating, and even quicker clean-up for people who want to save their time.
Consequently, we have mentioned eight of the best smokeless indoor grill in the article. Although all of them offer exceptional features, the Hamilton Beach Electric Indoor Grill trumps them all. It provides ample cooking space, adjustable heat control, and a removable drip pan in a robust yet compact body.
Before purchasing any grill, make sure to go through our buying guide to learn more about all the best smokeless indoor grills’ features.