In this article, I have listed the 10 Best Propane Griddles Consumer Reports currently available in 2021. The list includes the products I have used and other good options based on features, customer reviews, and overall feedback.
Table of Contents
Top 10 Best Propane Griddles To Buy in 2021 Reviews
We have selected 9 of the best gas grills with a range of different options, so whether you are looking for a dedicated grill, something more portable, or a surface that can be connected to an existing grill, you will find a good one choose.
1. Best Overall-Pit Boss 4 Burner Gas Griddle
Pit Boss is known for its affordable pellet grill series, but with its 4-burner gas frying pan, you can get similar or better specifications at a lower price than the industry leader Blackstone.
You will get 748 square inches of cooking surface, enough to hold approximately 36 burgers at a time.
Heat regulation is carried out by four independent stainless steel burners, which can generate 62,000 BTU of heat.
If you want more space, there is also a 5-burner bakeware that can move your cooking surface up to 750 square inches and move the grease trap aside.
Everything we cook on Pit Boss is delicious, whether we make burgers, fried rice or bacon and eggs.
Pit Boss standard bakeware specifications: Main grill area 748 square inches burner BTU 62,000 number of burners 4 made in the United States, 77 x 24 x 35 inches, warranty 5 years price check latest price
The surface of the bakeware is made of 4.7mm thick cast iron, which has good heat preservation and even heat distribution. You can also upgrade to the top of the ceramic bakeware for better performance.
The grill is pre-seasoned when it arrives, but we found that it is worth a few rounds of seasoning with vegetable oil and then frying some bacon to make it taste better.
It is easy to clean and maintain. There is a small hole in the bottom corner to scrape grease and debris in. There is also a detachable can for dumping.
What we like:
- The powerful burner heats evenly -the temperature remains good and hot even after adding a large amount of food
- Portable -The side trays and legs fold up to make the bakeware easy to transport, which makes it a great choice for camping or trailing.
- Generous 5-year warranty – The Pit Boss warranty is one of the best in the industry.
What we don’t like:
- No side handles -when I lifted the bakeware onto my truck, I missed the Blackstone side handles.
- Release some heat through the gap- there is some gap between the burner and the top of the bakeware to allow some heat to escape. Not a big problem, but on windy days, it may take longer to reach temperature.
Although Pit Boss designed this grill so you can pack it and take it to camping, it is a large grill that can feed many people. If ultra-portability (and fuel efficiency) is important, you may want to consider using a smaller tabletop grill.
The Pit Boss 4 burner bakeware has a larger heating surface, a hotter burner and a better warranty than the competition, and the price is lower, so you can’t go wrong.
2. Runner-up – Blackstone 36-inch outdoor flat-top gas grill
Blackstone is definitely the industry leader in gas frying pans and has been in existence since 2005. All products are designed and manufactured in the United States.
At the Blackstone 36″ gas grill station use four independent burners with temperature settings, going from low to high, so that you can cook a variety of delicious foods for a large number of people.
720 square inches of cooking space is available for you to use, and there is a large grease drain to help clean up.
It extends to 36 inches wide and provides you with two side tables for preparing food or storing food. In addition, the final table can be found under the bakeware controls to provide more storage options.
The steel burner is made of stainless steel to improve its rust resistance and make it less susceptible to corrosion.
Blackstone 36″ Manufacturer Specification
Material exterior painted steel cooking grate material steel number of burners 4 surface of the BTU 60,000 master barbecue 720 in2 USA not size 40 x 25 x 14.5 inch Price See Price
We appreciate this design choice because it saves money in the long run.
In addition, the cooking surface is made of rolled steel, which, although not as rust-proof, does have excellent heat retention and distribution.
I still recommend investing in a good digital infrared thermometer, because knowing the exact temperature will make cooking easier.
This is one of the most uniform gas grills we have seen.
What we like:
- Easy to clean-it is very easy to remove the top of the bakeware of this model. This makes cleaning the top of the frying pan less difficult, and if your garage is cramped or you are worried about things falling on the cooking surface, you can store it separately.
- Mobile – We also really like the four sturdy wheels, two of which are lockable. The wheels are durable enough to withstand frequent travel in the backyard or in and out of the storage shed. This makes it an ideal bakeware, which is only used for taking out during a picnic and a space-saving method for storing when not in use.
- Cooks for Plenty – Great for cooking for a large group of people at the same time; with 720 inches² of cooking space and 60,000 BTU of heat, you will find that all cooking challenges will be solved quickly. The fact that it has 4 independent heating zones is great because it increases the amount of temperature control you have from start to finish.
What we don’t like
- Bulkiness- due to its size, it is relatively cumbersome to move, although durable wheels help offset this disadvantage to a certain extent.
- Not resistant to corrosion- In addition, the biggest problem is that the top of the bakeware is not made of stainless steel. If you do not thoroughly clean and apply oil after cooking, it will easily corrode.
As long as you keep the frying pan clean and seasoned, you can extend the service life and enjoy the fun of cooking on it.
There is a reason why Blackstone has become an industry leader. In fact, you can only make some small picks on other excellent bakeware.
3. Best desktop/portable grill pan – Blackstone Table Top Grill 17″ portable gas grill pan
This is a portable bakeware that provides 260 inches² of cooking space.
The Blackstone Tabletop Grill is very suitable for small families or groups of tourists who are just a handful of people cooking.
It uses a 1-pound propane bottle as fuel and electric igniter, so it takes very little effort to start the frying pan.
It is made of stainless steel, and the cooking surface of the frying pan can be removed for easy cleaning and storage. The control of a single burner is done through a single knob in the center of the control panel.
Blackstone 17″ Desktop Manufacturer Specification
It is very easy to store because you can remove the top and turn it upside down to protect the cooking surface. It is 17 inches wide and is not too cumbersome to carry in and out of various cooking locations.
What we like
- Moderate size -this is a perfect outdoor bakeware for camping or portable cooking needs.
- Easy to clean -This bakeware is also very easy to clean because its surface is removable, so you can adjust the angle of scraping grease and residue. The built-in grease trap is another reliable benefit that reduces the pressure of cleaning after cooking.
- Powerful -Despite being small and portable, this bakeware can output more than 12,000 BTU s of heat, which is comparable to the heating power of the Blackstone bakeware. This means it will be able to heat up quickly and cook thoroughly in a few minutes.
- Corrosion resistance -Finally, the cooking surface of the frying pan is made of stainless steel, which is already corrosion resistant. Even better, it is coated with black powder to further improve its overall durability and rust resistance.
What we don’t like
- Centralized heating zone -the biggest disadvantage is that this kind of bakeware uses an “H” shaped heating tool under the surface. This makes the cooking zone relatively uniform but included; in contrast, the edges are not very hot, which limits the amount of food you can cook at the same time.
This small limitation is not enough to overcome all the benefits of this model. If you need a small portable gas frying pan, it is an ideal choice.
4. The best bakeware for your existing grill – Little Griddle Professional stainless steel bakeware
If you don’t want to buy a special bakeware, Little Griddle is a good choice.
You can simply place it on any suitable size grill.
Little Griddle measures 25″x16″x6.5″, so you should make sure your grill is large enough.
It is a lightweight and durable cooking surface located approximately 2 inches above the surface of the grill. It is easy to use and is made of 100% restaurant-grade stainless steel.
Thanks to the side-mounted handles, moving the bakeware in and out of the grill surface is safe and fast.
If you plan to cook with less skillet, or just want to add some egg or pancake cooking power to normal grill cooking, then this is a good choice.
What we like:
- Uniform heating -A great innovation of this bakeware is that its bottom surface uses cross supports as part of its structure; this ensures that the cooking surface will be evenly heated. It allows the grill pan surface to take full advantage of the excellent heating of the existing grill.
- Easy to operate/clean -the detachable side handles feel good in the hand because you can connect them when you need to move the frying pan and then remove them so they won’t get in the way when you are ready to start cooking. There is also a very convenient grease well that spans the entire width of the bakeware; this makes cleaning very easy.
- Stainless steel -Finally, the best part of this bakeware is that it is made of stainless steel. This is a very important aspect because it ensures that you don’t have to worry about rust and corrosion, provided that you thoroughly maintain and clean the frying pan after each cooking.
What we don’t like:
- Size comparability -it is too wide to be used in many smaller backyard grills, so you need to thoroughly measure the surface of your existing grill before final purchase. They did make a smaller model that is more suitable for certain grills.
- Slow heating -Depending on the heating power of your grill, it may take longer than you expect for the grill pan to fully heat up on its surface. If fast cooking is your main goal, we would not recommend this frying pan.
Get the latest prices (free shipping) on BBQGuys.com.
5. The best gas grill combination-Royal Gourmet portable propane gas grill and grill combination
This larger gas grill combination gives you the flexibility to cook on the grill or grill at the same time.
Two cooking surfaces are placed side by side, each providing 292 inches² of cooking space. With a total of 584 inches², it can cook almost any type of grillable food.
It uses four stainless steel burners for four cooking zones, two on each surface, and the bakeware and grill can output 12,000 BTU of heat.
This is enough for a normal-sized family of 4 or 5 to cook comfortably.
It uses electronic ignition and a simple button to start the heating process.
It also has a built-in grease channel and drip tray to help you easily clean up dirt after cooking.
What we like
- Easy to use -because you can switch between bakeware and grill or use them at the same time in a few seconds. You can also switch the position of the grill pan and grill according to your preferences or needs at the time. The detachable drip tray is a nice touch and increases the overall ease of use of the model.
- Removable -It can be easily moved by using wheels. These wheels can be locked with casters to ensure stability and cooking outside the backyard. However, we will not call it mobile exactly, we will explain in detail below.
- Additional work space -In addition, we found that the other two side tables are popular work spaces for preparing food for cooking or passing it on to the plate. The extra space is supplemented by the hook that comes with the purchase, which can be placed under the main body of the bakeware. Storing cooking tools has never been easier.
What we don’t like:
- Lengthy assembly -there are a few minor flaws. The biggest problem is that it takes a while to assemble the bakeware, and most of its main components need to be completed. This will take time, but at least it will not be too complicated.
- Heavy -In addition, although the wheels help keep the frying pan moving, it is a relatively heavy machine and a bit bulky. This is not a good choice for camping or taking over a friend’s backyard.
Get the latest prices on Amazon.
6. Camp Chef Flat Top Grill
A good alternative to a dedicated gas frying pan is this model. Its bakeware surface is 604 inches², which helps to reduce the size of the entire device a bit.
As a trade-off, it offers a slightly larger side table, which may be an advantage if you like to have a lot of extra food preparation space during cooking. These side tables can be folded up as an added benefit.
It still uses 4 stainless steel burners with unparalleled ignition capabilities for ease of use, and has two wheels instead of four to allow access to a given storage area. It is not as powerful as our first choice above.
7. Cuisinart CGG-501 gourmet gas frying pan
Another option for portable bakeware is this model. It uses 2 burners instead of the “H-shaped” burner in the center, allowing you to better control the cooking area.
The surface is 285 inches², made of extra-thick cold-rolled steel, even if it can’t effectively prevent rust, it also helps to dissipate heat evenly.
The hose it uses is suitable for larger 20-pound propane tanks, so please consider this fuel requirement before making your final purchase.
Get the latest prices on Amazon.
8. Camp Chef professional frying pan
This model has a 16″ x 38″ cooking surface, including a grease filter and a grease cup holder, allowing you to keep everything neat and tidy throughout the process.
The bakeware is made of heavy-duty steel and finished with Camp Chef’s patented “True Season” process to extend its service life and durability.
A major disadvantage is that it has only one handle on the front, and this handle is not removable, so before attempting to handle it and remove it from the grill surface, be sure to let the baking pan cool down completely.
9. Lodge LPG13 Pro-Grid cast iron reversible grill/pan
This bakeware is unique; it can be reversed to a grill-type surface or a grill-type surface according to your needs.
Both sides can hold and distribute heat well, and the size of the whole part is suitable for more than 2 stove burners.
It can be installed on a variety of traditional grills, or you can bring it indoors and use it in your kitchen right out of the box.
This pot is made of iron, so as long as it is cleaned and oiled frequently, there is no need to worry about any corrosion damage or malfunction.
In addition, the iron structure allows the pot to retain flavor and seasoning, so the more you use it, the more you will like it. This is also a very affordable baking pan option.
10. Hibachi flat-top propane gas oven in the backyard
Of course, you are the chef Hibachi style of any gas belt in this guide. However, if you want to create the atmosphere of your favorite Hibachi restaurant in your own place, you can’t miss this frying pan by Backyard Hibachi.
It may be expensive compared to other bakeware we have seen, but if you pay extra, you can get a 693 square inch pre-seasoned cooktop with a dishwasher-safe removable drip tray.
The grill is handmade in the United States, using locally sourced laminated wood to create an authentic finish.
This will definitely have an impact on friends and family, and will become the focal point of your outdoor kitchen.
What is Outdoor Propane Griddles?
As the name suggests, it is a baking plane.
The Spanish word for grill, plancha, probably best describes the dish – plancha literally translates to “grilled on a metal plate”. Unlike a traditional grill, the top is a smooth flat piece of metal, the bottom is a direct heat source.
There is no contact between the food and the flame on the grill, with heat being transferred from the entire metal surface. There are no holes for food to pass through, although the temperature won’t be as hot as the direct heat of a flame.
Just like outdoor grills, outdoor grills can be powered by electricity or gas. You can even get the flat top surfaces to mount on the grill for a grill-like experience.
Today, however, we’ll first look at propane-powered grids for the convenience of moving in your backyard or on the road.
We then review models you can fit into your existing gas or charcoal grill, to save money and get the most out of the equipment you already own if you can’t afford it. Main or no space for an independent kitchen unit.
Benefits of a Propane Griddles
They open up a whole new world of cooking styles. You can fry eggs, make pancakes or omelettes, and basically cook anything you make in a frying pan.
Think of your flat-panel grill as an outdoor stove with no openings for food to pass through. Unlike the dry heat of a grill, the solid surface helps prevent moisture from escaping your food — perfect for those juicy hamburgers.
Delicate foods, such as meat, fish or vegetables, are less likely to break when cooked on heated solid surfaces. The weight of the meat or bacon can also be used to push the meat or fish to the surface for a more even crust and more even cooking.
Some ideas for different ways to cook on the grill that you can’t easily do on a traditional grill include:
- Saute steak or chicken strips with your veggies for fajitas. You can even reheat tortillas.
- Use a weighted press to cook burgers or panini sandwiches outdoors.
- A BBQ Mongolian party where guests choose their own food and you sauté it on a griddle with a selection of sauces.
- Your next outdoor brunch omelette station.
- Chinese-style stir-fry or fried rice at your next barbecue. Cook the meats on the grill before placing them on a flat surface to stir-fry with rice or noodles.
- Griddles can provide extra space for burgers by the back door or your next camping trip. The burgers will also be moist and juicy.
- Crepes for a dessert or even savory crepes as an appetizer.
- Make a breakfast hash just like you see in your local diner.
- Flambé a steak without alcohol dropped into the fire and flared.
- Impress guests with your teppanyaki skills at your next get-together — just make sure to practice a lot first!
What Type of Foods Cook Best on propane Griddles?
When you say grill, most people automatically think of breakfast, eggs, or pancakes. Sure they cook those dishes brilliantly, but they can do so much more. The Spaniards love their plancha so much that they cook almost anything on it, from mixed kebabs and tapas to gorgeous paellas.
The grill can be great for cooking hot sandwiches or burgers because you can toast the bread at the same time. The Japanese often use a large frying pan-like surface for teppanyaki — a great way to treat your customers, but practice!
If you want to steam some vegetables, you can use a metal dome-shaped dish sprinkled with some water underneath. The same dome can be used to help the cheese melt on your burgers. And with no holes for small pieces of food to pass through, the flat top surface is a great way to cook barbecue.
What you probably won’t get though are the marks you’d get from a traditional grill—though some models may tip over due to the ridged surface. The temperature of the grill is rarely high enough for proper cooking and will not be suitable for larger, firmer cuts of meat.
What You Need To Know About Propane Griddles
Now, to answer that last question: What is a flat oven? It depends on who you ask, but traditionally a flat griddle is essentially a large, flat griddle without a lid or lid. However, we often see “grill” and “grill” used interchangeably. And, when we searched for “flat top grill”, we found both the grill and the grill – which look very similar – grouped together in the same category. Which dish is best for you all depends on what you plan to cook. While there is a lot that can be prepared on top of both, there are still differences.
A grill is a flat, uninterrupted heated surface with no holes or gaps in it. Things cooked on the griddle have their own oil and grease — or require some sort of oil or grease, if the food on the griddle doesn’t have its own oil and grease. Ovens will work best when used at temperatures slightly below 400 degrees F, for foods such as eggs, bacon, pancakes, French toast, grilled cheese, grilled cheese and assorted other hot bread. Plus, there are plenty of more upscale dining options like stir-fries, fajitas, and tacos. And, yes, burgers — White Castle has been making them this way for a century now.
Ovens with a griddle made of a metal rod or cast metal plate with ridges and holes — in both cases, the surface allows oil and grease to drain away from the food being cooked. The oven will work best in most cases above 400˚F, especially when wilting meat is desired. Typical foods prepared on the grill include burgers, chicken, ribs, kebabs, ribs, steak, and vegetables.
Flat top ovens can have a grill or a cooking surface and share some features. They are rectangular, have two or more gas burners, and they have no lids or lids — they are completely open. (Although some grills may have three low sides to prevent food and grease from splashing out.) With nothing to cover the cooking surface, a flat top grill is not good for low and slow cooking — or smoked.
However, the top grill provides a completely accessible cooking surface. Traditional ovens with pop-up lids often have reheating racks next to sturdy sides that can sometimes make it difficult to reach all cooking areas — especially when there’s a lot of food on the griddle. Grilled.
Choose a Propane Griddles
Choosing which surface to put on the flat top grill depends on what you usually cook on the grill or what you want to bake on the grill. Some models with flat top grills come with both a cooking surface and a grill, saving you from having to decide if you can’t decide. Size is the final consideration, and that depends on the size of the meal — or the number of people you’ll be preparing the food for. A two-oven grill will suit most small families, while a four-oven grill will be better for larger families or small cooking with friends. If you’re planning on hosting larger parties for entertainment, there may be five or more burners.
Most flat-panel ovens use propane fuel, so you’ll want to consider the number of BTUs of cooking power an oven provides. Expect extras like a serving shelf with a folding side, a wide storage shelf underneath, a hook for grilling, and a removable grease bin that, along with wheels, often have locking wheels. Most — but not all — are powder coated to prevent rust; things that don’t need to be stored inside or covered. Finally, some flat-panel grills have folding legs for storage or portability.
How Did We Choose The Best Propane Griddles?
In selecting our grill recommendations, we drew on knowledge from our extensive grill testing, as well as our experience with brands we know and trust. thought. To make sure we have options for everyone, we’ve selected grills across multiple sizes and price ranges, as well as include portable options. Finally, our picks are backed up with thousands of positive ratings made by the owners of these models.
Each of the flat top grills featured below have an average rating of at least four stars and some ratings of 4.5 stars or more. Our selection includes options in a variety of sizes and baked goods that span a wide range of prices, from packed value to cheap. We compared the features mentioned above and weighed them against the overall cost.
I believe after reading my list of the 10 Best Propane Griddles Consumer Reports, you can now make a better decision buying one that fits your needs.
Feel free to add suggestions and comments in the section below to share your own experience with these products.