Summers feel special and fun filling when swimming pool water fun is added in the daily routine. The pool dives feel amazing and refreshing. It is always a better idea to have a small family or friends gathering around the pool to reduce the warmth of roasting sun rays. And to make the collection of such beautiful memories of your swimming pool, you are required to maintain the health of the pool and water. After every time use, pool water gets debris and dust particles in it, which is a little hectic to be cleaned effectively. A large amount of debris is hard to be vacuumed just like the very small dust particles are difficult.
There is a great solution to this problem and as summers call up, within a few hours your pool gets ready to be used with fresh and healthy water. But you must think about this question that how to vacuum a pool? You may find several options in-ground pool or above ground pool vacuum cleaners in the market. It is an important decision to be taken while choosing a vacuum cleaner for your pool. Different types of swimming pools need dedicated pool cleaners to clean the dust and other debris. Although, some models are designed for universal usage.
In this informative, you will come across the top 15 best pool vacuum reviews for 2020. This well-researched article will help you to have a brief introduction about the best in-ground pool vacuum and best above ground pool vacuum options. These latest gadgets are programmable and configured with digital operations. Traditional swimming pool vacuum can perform one task at a time but because of the advanced technology, these listed pool cleaners are capable of multi-tasking. These pool cleaners will save your time and money in the long-run. You can even consider the suggestions from your friends and peer groups while buying a new pool vacuum.
How to Vacuum A Pool?
Keep see our top 10 products in the following section to find the best one for your needs.
- How to Vacuum A Pool?
- Types of Pool Vacuum
- The 15 Best Pool Vacuum Cleaner 2020 Reviews
- Top 5 Best Robotic Pool Vacuum Cleaners
- Top 5 Best Pressure Side Pool Cleaners
- Top 5 Best Suction Pool Cleaner
Vacuuming the pool is added as a routine outdoor task in your task list. As soon as you start observing the major dust particles on the surface of your pool or the cloudy shade on the top of your pool water, you must set the cleaning schedule immediately. The more delay you will do in cleaning this debris more difficult it will be later to clean it properly. There is a process that will guide you on how to vacuum a pool?
Buy an Appropriate Pool Vacuum
The very first step in the pool cleaning process is to choose the right model of vacuum for your swimming pool. The difficult part is; you need to choose among the various models and brands available in the market for different prices. So, as per the measurement of your pool size, select for the vacuum cleaner. The latest pool vacuums are highly skilled and robotic.
Set Up the Vacuum for Cleaning
Now, you can set up your vacuum around the pool to clean the water from debris & minor dust particles.
Clean the Debris
Before you start the vacuum, it is better to clean the water from large debris so that the pump works flawlessly. The large debris is hard to vacuum and store in the debris basket whereas, there are some models available that provide you large basket size.
Switch on the Vacuum
Switch on the vacuum so that it can start targeting the debris floating the pool water. It works extremely that within hours your swimming pool is ready for use again.
Cleaning the In-Ground Pool
- Dip the head of the vacuum into the water till it touches the bottom.
- Fix the vacuum around the pool and make sure that its head touches the floor.
- Hold the vacuum hose near the water as the bubbles will start to blow up this happens when opposite pressure is applied. Keep the hose in touch with the water continuously.
- Now start the vacuuming process by inserting the free area of the hose into the skimmer plate.
- Move the vacuum around the pool gradually to clean every corner and collect the smallest particles of dust.
- If the pump raises any issues in the process or gets stuck then immediately switch off the pump and reposition it again and before starting it again clean the debris from the basket.
- In case of suction power failure, you need to remove the hose from the unit and power of the pump. Then follow the process once again.
Cleaning the Above Ground Pool
- Assemble the pool vacuum and dip the head of it into the pool water unless it touches the bottom.
- Fix the pole of vacuum at one place and move the vacuum around the pool to clean the dust.
- Hold the free side of hose in front of the water and keep it there continuously. The bubbles will start to rise and it will happen until the process is completed.
- Start the vacuuming process by inserting the free end of the hose into the skimmer disk.
- Move the vacuum around the pool deep inside the water slowly and steadily.
Cleaning the Pool with Sand Filter
- Firstly, do the valve settings according to the debris level in the pool.
- Fill the vacuum hose with water and connect it to the skimmer plate then place it on the top of the suction pump.
- Move the vacuum around the pool gradually to get better results.
- All the dust particles and debris are shifted from skimmer disk to pump and later it is processed through the sand filter.
- The sand filter catches the maximum amount of dust particles as per your settings.
- After finishing the cleaning process always wash your sand filter.
Types of Pool Vacuum
There are many best pool vacuum models available in the market but majorly they are categorized under four types;
1. Robotic Pool Vacuum Cleaner
It is an automatic vacuum cleaner that requires minimum human efforts to operate this amazing machine. Robotic pool vacuums are powered by rechargeable batteries. It clears all the debris and dust particles within hours for use. There are many models in this option providing digital operations for better productivity. Its automation function is amazing, a chip is programmed and inserted in the vacuum to detect and turn the machine whenever it reaches to the end or if it completes the climbing of a wall inside the pool. It is technically advanced with 100% satisfactory performance and very cost-effective. The repair cost is also very less as compared to other designs.
2. Suction Side Pool Vacuum Cleaner
It is a kind of vacuum cleaner that works on the suction power of the pump and the hose is directly connected to the skimmer. It uses the main filter unit to collect the debris from the water and then it transfers all the dust particles and debris to the vacuum basket. These vacuums are used for cleaning the sand or small dust particles. These are the most purchased vacuum cleaners as it is available at a very nominal cost of $100 to $300. The filter systems are required to be serviced very frequently although there is less investment in the parts replacement in a year.
3. Pressure Side Pool Vacuum Cleaner
Pressure side pool vacuum cleaner is also known as a booster pump, it is attached to the pump from the pressure side. It is built with the owned hydraulic power plant. It is attached to the pressure side but not on the vacuum side or suction side that gives an advantage to this type of pool vacuum. It forces the water on the opposite side for the spread of clean water inside the pool. And it doesn’t collect debris in the filter basket but it has its provision to collect the debris and dust particles. It keeps on collecting the dust even if, the basket is full.
4. Manual Pool Vacuum Cleaner
Manual pool vacuum cleaners are the classical models. These are the least costly yet effective machines to clean your pool manually. Its strong base is its unique selling point. It hooks up on the return line and uses the pressure of filter system water to power up. It works inside the pool on the surface to collect the small particles of debris and dust. It requires more human efforts and power to operate it as the name suggests itself.
The 15 Best Pool Vacuum Cleaner 2020 Reviews
There are various types of pool vacuum cleaners available in the market. These machines are highly technical and easy to operator although, there might be some manual models. But all of these above ground pool vacuums and in-ground pool vacuums are designed to suction all the debris and dust particles. You must select the right vacuum cleaner according to the width, length, and height of your pool area. It may be difficult to choose among several options claiming differentiated benefits and functions. And that is why; specific requirements should be considered the most while choosing a pool vacuum. The selection of an appropriate design and model will help you in the reduced cost of its repair and maintenance. It also saves your reinvestment if the wrong vacuum is chosen.
Top 5 Best Robotic Pool Vacuum Cleaners
These automated highly technical and pre-programmed robotic pool cleaners are easy to operate and multi-functioned. It requires very few human efforts to operate such pool vacuum cleaners.
#1. Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus For 50 Feet Pools
CC Plus Automatic Robotic Pool Cleaner is easy to operate the machine. It is ideally designed for in-ground pools. It has been satisfying the needs of the customers for pool water cleaning for more than the last three decades. It provides a long life of the machine and it maintains a hassle-free cleaning experience.
- The robotic pool cleaner is the best fit for 50 feet sized pools.
- Your pool is ready for reuse without any debris in the water within 2 hours.
- It saves extra energy for you after every cleaning schedule.
- Nautilus is not dependent on pump and hose like other models it has its power supply system.
- It has served people with a personal pool for more than 35 years successfully.
- Fast functioning
- Absolute Cleaning Performance
- Built with Path Analytical Sensor
- Short Power Cord
- Small Filters
#2. Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus For 33 Feet Pools
Nautilus CC Plus Cleaner is the best fit for 33 feet pools. It is smart enough to collect all the debris from pool water easily. It can clean the whole pool in just 2 hours without any hassles in the functioning. Dolphin models are 8 times better in energy efficiency than the other pool cleaners. It is serving in the market for more than 3 decades. The Nautilus automatic robotic pool cleaner has a long life with consistency.
- Nautilus is easy to use as it is very lightweight and quick in functioning.
- The automated machine is highly energy-efficient and it is capable to clean all types of debris from the pool water.
- The compact size of the robotic pool cleaner helps in easy wall climbing and cleaning.
- It is easy to schedule 3 settings every week for cleaning the pool effectively.
- This automatic pool cleaner is configured with high-quality scrubbers and filters.
- Very Cost-Effective Cleaner Under This Category
- Comes with 4 years of warranty
- Light in Weight
- Automatic 3 Settings A Week Are Possible
- Frequently Miss to Clean the Large Portion
- Fail to Clean the Round Base Area
#3. Dolphin Premier For 50 Feet Pools
Robotic Pool Cleaner is available with 3 years of warranty. It is appropriately designed for 50 feet in-ground swimming pools. The machine is operated with single button functions so, the very fewer amount of human interference is needed to channelize it. The automatic model is attached to the anti-tangle cable. It can clean the pool and clear the pool water in just 3 hours. The pool cleaner comes with 3 filter options settings. Premier pool cleaner can be set for 3 days a week cleaning schedule.
- It comes with dedicated filter bags & multi-media functioning.
- The model is designed to clean all types of dust particles on the brush pinpoint precision.
- Premier pool cleaner comes with dual scrubbing brushes for better cleaning.
- Superior navigation service scans and covers the whole area for next-level cleaning results.
- The automatic functioning of 3 days a week setting works very comfortably without any human efforts.
- Powerful Dual DC Motor
- Cleans Pool Effectively
- Navigates the Floor and Other Areas
- 3 Days of Smart Schedule Settings
- It is Little Costlier
#4. Polaris F9550 Sport Robotic In-Ground Pool Cleaner
Sport Robotic Pool Cleaner is technically advanced and designed with unique features like motion-sensing remote, life system, the indicator for dirty canister and vortex vacuum technology. It can perform 7 days programmer timer that helps in the easy cleaning process. The smart and powerful vacuum cleaner can climb pool walls and stairs. Its tough scrubbing brushes are well capable to clean any kind of dust and terrain. There are no detailed settings required to operate this machine, on a simple button operation you can channelize it for any time cleaning.
- The pool cleaner automatically senses when to clear the filter basket.
- It can easily catch and clean the debris with the help of shake and spray technology.
- Polaris models are automated and you can program the settings for 7 days.
- This is automated with the controlling features for the robot’s position during the cleaning process.
- 4 wheels drive function helps in overall pool cleaning.
- Polaris F9550 is compatible with SunTouch, IntelliTouch and Easytouch systems to control it remotely.
- Automatic Cleaning Schedules
- Easy way to clean the debris
- It is portable and easy to carry
- Little Expensive
- Cord Gets Tangled Easily
- Not Effective on Steps
#5. Hayward TigerShark Robotic Pool Vacuum
TigerShark pool cleaner is based on an intelligent microprocessor. The robotic pool vacuum is serving its users successfully for the last four decades. It is capable to clean the pool surface effectively. Hayward RC9990CUB functions over and above the expectations as it is configured with the onboard pump system. The reinforced polyester filter cartridge is easy to clean. It is functioned through a pool filtration system. It doesn’t need any separate units of pumps and hoses.
- Hayward TigerShark model can clean the pool within 3 hours with no debris left in the pool. It is capable to clean the pool, waterline, stairs, and walls with ultimate satisfaction.
- It is very easy to operate and clean. TigerShark Robotic pool cleaner has a long life and better maintenance.
- The vacuum cleaner is not dependent on any separate hoses, pumps to function.
- The caddy card is available in the market for its storage, power supply, easy handling, and cord.
- More Than 2 Years of Warranty
- 7 Days Schedule Function
- Designed with Top Load Cartridge Filter
- 3 Hours Effective Cleaning
- Difficulty in Spots Cleaning
- Malfunctioning on Stairs
Top 5 Best Pressure Side Pool Cleaners
Pressure side pool cleaners are placed at the pressure side of the pool. It works, unlike the other vacuum cleaners. It pushes the water level across the pump to filter the debris and other dust particles easily. This flow clean and clear water into the pool.
#1. Zodiac F5T Polaris Vac
Vac-Sweep 280 pressure side pool cleaner is designed with 3 wheels system. It is dedicated made for in-ground pools and its pool cleaning challenges. The machine is configured with a large load capacity filter basket to collect the maximum debris and dust particles. The vacuum cleaner is attached to the pressure side to clean the pool water.
- The cleaner is powered by Polaris booster pump, it provides maximum power to the pump so that it can even collect the large size debris from the pool water.
- The machine is aided by an in-lined back-up valve that releases it whenever the unit is cornered.
- Zodiac F5T Polaris Vac has got advantageous large sized filter basket to collect the largest size debris from the pool.
- It is very effective in cleaning the walls, floor and pool water.
- Quick Functioning Cleaner
- Collects Variety of Debris
- Easy to Clean
- High Maintenance Cost
- Expensive Model
#2. Polaris Vac-Sweeper 360 Pressure Side Pool Cleaner
Vac-Sweep 360 doesn’t need any sperate booster pump to power up. It is the best suit for in-ground pools. The 4 wheels drive function makes it powerful while cleaning inside the pool. It is configured with a single chamber filter bag that catches and cleans all the debris from pool water before it reaches the filter basket. This machine is giving solutions to its customers for the last 4 decades in the market.
- Sweep 360 Pressure side pool cleaner delivers high performance as it is equipped with a powerful vacuum, scrubbing brushes that clean and clear the walls and floor.
- The powerful dual venturi jet vacuum catches all types of large and small debris and dust elements from the pool water.
- Polaris Vac is having a large filter bag that collects all the debris from the pool water before it reaches the pump basket.
- Triple jet wheels place the machine differentiated in the market.
- The System is Operated Through Belt
- Booster Pump is Not Required
- Moves on 3 Jets
- Little Expensive
- Costly Parts Replacement
#3. Polaris Vac-Sweeper 3900 Sport Pressure Side Pool Cleaner
Vac-Sweep 3900 is an advanced pool cleaner equipped with a powerful vacuum to suction the hard debris and dust out of the pool water. The machine is a reliable, durable and trustworthy performer. The Vacuum pump hardly stuck in between the cleaning process. It is based on the all-wheel-drive system that makes it easy for the pool cleaner to move on the walls and stairs of the pool. It is having a double chamber zipper super bag. The Polaris Vac is capable to store maximum debris. The machine is easy to operate and use.
- Sweep 3900 is dedicatedly designed for in-ground pools.
- The pool cleaner is dependent on the Polaris booster pump.
- It can collect 5 liters of debris in the bag.
- Polaris Vac is connected with black colored 31 feet of feed hose.
- TailSweep Pro helps in a great sweeping action.
- This vacuum connects to 1.5 inches pressure cleaner line.
- Contains 5 Litres Debris Bag
- Powerful Polaris Booster Pump
- Easily Operates on Slopped and Straight Surface
- Depends on Separate Booster Pump
- Quite Expensive
#4. Zodiac 6-130-00T Polaris Turbo Turtle Pressure Side Pool Cleaner
Polaris Turbo Turtle is a uniquely designed pressure side pool cleaner in the turtle shape that serves dual purposes for you. The technically advanced swimming pool cleaner works efficiently while it decorates your swimming pool as a showpiece. Polaris Turbo Turtle is dedicatedly designed for 5 feet deep above ground pools. IT is a really powerful cleaner that removes all the dark pool patches and catches all types of debris from the pool to collect into the filter bag. The fun-filling amazingly designed turtle pool vacuum cleaner is well recognized by different customers all over the world for four decades.
- The pool functions with filtration systems and pumps as a common feature of above ground pools.
- Turtle pool vacuum cleaner is a suitable model for all the 5 feet deep above ground pools.
- It collects all types of pool debris effectively into the easily removable filter bag.
- A powerful filter bag catches all the debris before reaching the pool basket.
- Reduced Maintenance
- Multi-Purpose Bag
- Jet Sweep Assembly
- Turtle Top and Surface Module
- Universal Wall Fitting
- Average Debris Bag
#5. Pentair Creepy Krauly LL505G Letro Legend Pressure Side Swimming Pool Cleaner
creepy Krauly LL505G is a lightweight compact designed pool cleaner. The large-sized bag collects different types of debris like pebbles, leaves, and twigs, etc. Its cleaning bag is attached to it on the top that is very easy to remove and clean at the time of need. LL505G is channelized through its front-wheel drive. The vacuum cleaner takes less than 3 hours to clean the whole pool with fresh water ready for use. The pool cleaner can work on different surfaces like tiles, vinyl-lined, and concrete.
- Pentair LL505G pool cleaner is available in Grey & White Colours.
- The pool cleaner is having large debris bags to collect and store a large amount of it.
- It is capable to clean and clear the large pool within 1 – 3 hours as compared to other devices.
- The high-quality gripped wheels help the pool cleaner to climb on the walls easily and clean it effectively.
- LL505G Pressure Side Pool Cleaner is a compact design that works efficiently in cleaning the large-sized pool.
- Superior Grip Quality
- Large Capacity Debris Bag
- Capable of Clean within 3 Hours
- Compact Size
- Needs External Booster Pump on Separate Purchase
- The long tail hose of LL505G Gets Tangled
Top 5 Best Suction Pool Cleaner
Suction side pool cleaners are great in performance and it saves huge money for you as it is available in the market for a very nominal cost. It collects all the dust and debris through the main pump and it takes power from the pump unit itself.
#1. Zodiac Baracuda G3 Suction Side Automatic Pool Cleaner
Baracuda G3 Kit pool cleaner is highly versatile and it is designed for in-ground pools. The vacuum performs efficiently with low-speed pumps. It is very easy to install this machine for pool cleaning. The suction side automatic pool cleaner is capable to collect all the small and medium-sized debris from the pool walls, floors, and steps. The vacuum is installed with 36 finned disc cleans the area effectively. The G3 disk cleans all the surfaces like vinyl, tile, etc. It is better in navigating the edges and corners for quality cleaning.
- The wheel deflector helps in optimization and it also prevents the cleaner’s stuck condition during the cleaning process.
- 36 finned discs are very effective in cleaning the deep edges and corners.
- It is available for ready to use in the package, no other parts installation is required.
- G3 Suction Side Automatic pool cleaner is quiet and simple in use.
- The pool cleaner; cleans all the dirt particles, debris, leaves, pebbles, and twigs automatically.
- The in-ground pool cleaner is having long life Diaphragm that has no gears, wheels or flappers.
- Easy to Operate
- Value for Money
- Long-Lasting Durability
- Low Maintenance Cost
- Quiet Operations
- 36 Finned Disc
- Can’t Collect Large Leaves
- Can Get Stuck Sometimes
#2. Hayward 900 Wanda The Whale Suction Above Ground Pool Cleaner
900 Wanda the Whale is a simple and easy suction above ground pool cleaner. Now, you don’t need to use manual pool cleaners. With this model, there is no need to clear the debris bag. It can easily get installed with your existing filtration system. So, no extra investment is needed. The suction above ground pool cleaner doesn’t need any extra booster pump that consumes extra energy.
- The unit gets installed within 10 minutes and it is ready for use anytime.
- Pool water constantly flows with the help of a unique turbine quietly.
- It comes with a 1-year warranty
- Overall friction is minimized by the deluxe bumper ring for a smooth process.
- Doesn’t Need Any Booster Pump for Energy
- Value for Money Cleaning
- Optimizes the Cleaning Process in 2 Hours
- Compatible Vacuum Hose for All Pool Sizes
- Hayward 900 Wanda’s Tail Falls
- Bumper Ring Malfunctions
#3. Zodiac MX6 In-Ground Suction Side Pool Cleaner
The design of Zodiac MX6 is compact and highly productive in functioning. The suction side pool cleaner is very powerful and multi-tasking. It is operated through a pre-programmed navigation system for the quality pool cleaning process. Because of its low flow design automatically consumes less energy than similar substitute cleaners available in the market. It also incorporates cyclonic suction for effective vacuuming. The suction side pool cleaner comes with a 1-year warranty.
- Swiveling hoses are easy and quick to assemble with the leaner.
- MX6 connects with articulating the turbine for speedy wall-climbing.
- Zodiac connects with cyclonic suction for powered vacuuming.
- Its low flow design is compatible with dual speed or variable speed pumps.
- Compact & Powerful
- Easily Cleanable
- Assembles with Clipped Hoses to Avoid Stripping
- Manned Power Required to Pull Out
- Direction Reversal not Possible
#4. Hayward Automatic Suction Pool Cleaner
PV896584000020 pool cleaner is powered by patented self-adjusting turbines. The power is generated through the flow of water. It is just like paddle wheels that have adjustable blades. Because of it, the cleaner can function even under slow suction and pressure. It is based on 2X suction that allows the cleaner to reverse back and flow in a different direction on the left side smoothly. The automatic suction side pool cleaner is designed for small and medium size of pools. The machine is made of superior quality material to meet the quality standards of the market.
- The pool vacuum cleaner uses the existing pump & filter to get powered up.
- Hayward pool cleaner is designed for average-sized pools.
- Its 4 wheels suction side cleaner helps in preventing from hurdles during the process and functions smoothly.
- The suction side pool cleaner is easy to install and operate.
- Your pool gets ready for use with fresh and healthy water within a few hours.
- Quiet Functioning of Suction Side
- Smooth Traction
- Comfortable with Any Pressure
- Expensive Variant
#5. Pentair 360042 Kreepy Krauly Suction Side In-Ground Universal Pool Cleaner
360042 is the most likable suction side in-ground pool cleaner among all the other variants. There are around 3 million satisfied customers across the world. Kreepy Krauly is a fast and durable pool cleaner. It uses only one moving functional part for collecting the debris and dust particles without any hassles for many years.
- The Kreepy Krauly is a less expensive and energy saver pool pump.
- There is no need to attach any extra tool with it, gets installed within minutes.
- The available valve adjusts water flow itself to set the required speed for cleaning.
- No gears, wheels, replacements or frequent repairs required.
- All the small and large debris can be removed with the help of powerful suction.
- Single Functional Part
- Easy Installation
- Booster Pump Not Required
- Effectively Cleans Walls & Floors
- Malfunctions in Different Pools
- Time Taking
There are top 15 best pool vacuum models reviewed in this piece of information to help you choose a better one for your pool. All the above-listed pool vacuum cleaners are explained under 3 major types of pool cleaners. So, choose among all of them according to the size of your in-ground pool or above ground pool design. You can follow the swimming pool cleaner selection process to choose the appropriate design and model. Although, robotic pool cleaners are highly technical and great performers among all and if you can afford this type would be a great option but even pressure side and suction side pool cleaners are also the great options as per the needs and requirements you have for your pool type. So, compare among all of these pool cleaners and select the best-suited person swimming pool cleaner for yourself today.