Summers are on the corner and many people will be thinking of getting ready in-ground and above ground pools and those who are not having one yet will be planning to buy one so that they can enjoy this summer with an abundance of fun memories. And that is why keeping the pool clean for next time is very essential. Swimming pools get very dirty and bad in condition if it is not cleaned every week twice or thrice. You can even opt for once in week option but not delayed than that would be healthy and hygienic.
Many individuals can afford to hire an official cleaner but this is not the case of every one. So, the best solution for this problem for the long-run is having one owned swimming pool pump. The latest above ground pool pumps and in-ground pool pumps are technically upgraded and manufactured for multi-tasking. These light-weighted, easy to operate through a single button press, portable and long-lasting swimming pool cleaners are the best options available in the market as a perfect substitute for a professional pool cleaner.
You must not just think over buying a pool cleaner but you need to have an idea about certain accessories and additional functional parts of the best robotic pool cleaner. Therefore, after having thought about each aspect, you must buy the best pool pump for your pool.
Table of Contents
- TYPES OF POOL PUMP
- HOW TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT POOL PUMP?
- THE 10 BEST POOL PUMP REVIEWS FOR 2020
- #1. Intex Kristal Clear Sand Filter Pump for Above Ground Pools – “Most Efficient & Lowest in Maintenance”
- #2. Hayward SP2610X15 Super Pump 1.5 HP Pool Pump – “Large Capacity & Cost Efficient”
- #3. Pentair 342001, Tan – “Remarkable Energy & Cost Saver”
- #4. Wayne 57729 – WYNP WAPC250 Pool Cover Pump – “Automated on/off sensor in the presence of water”
- #5. Pentair 340039 Super Flo High-Performance Single Speed Pool Pump – “Super Energy Efficient & Easy to Maintain”
- #6. Pentair 011018 Intelliflo Variable Speed High-Performance Pool Pump – “3 Horsepower, Energy Star Certified”
- #7. Harris H1572730 Pro Force 1.5 HP Above Ground Pool Pump 115v – “Great Efficiency & Quite Processing”
- #8. Intex 28633EG Kristal Clear Cartridge Filter Pump For Above Ground Pool – “Specifically Designed For Above Ground Pools”
- #9. Hayward SP15932S PowerFlow Matrix 1.5 HP Dual Speed Above Ground Swimming Pool Pump – “Highly Superior Above Ground Pool Pump”
- #10. Hayward SP2302VSP Max – Flo vs. Variable – Speed Pool Pump – “Most Energy Efficient Pump at Different Speed”
- HOW DOES A POOL PUMP WORK?
TYPES OF POOL PUMP
The pool pump plays a very important role in maintaining pool hygiene. It helps you keep the pool water clear and better in condition for use. The selection of an appropriate pool pump for a particular size of the pool and considering the area it needs to clean is very important to save the energy and get better results. Mainly there are 3 types of pool pumps available in the market so far;
Single-Speed Pool Pump
Single-speed pool pumps are the usual method tool for cleaning as it is operated with 3450 RPMs speed. This pool pump is famous among general users as it is capable to clean and remove all the debris and dust particles. But because it is operated with a single speed pump it requires a large amount of energy to operate it to clean the pool water and complete the whole schedule.
Double-Speed Pool Pump
The double-speed pool pump is the best suit for small-sized pools. It is mostly used in the body spas to clean the personalized pool. Its dual speed pump allows it to switch the speed boost from 1725 RPMs to the high speed 3450 RPMs for a standard-sized pool cleaning. It can be used for above ground pool cleaning.
Variable-Speed Pool Pump
The variable-speed pool pump is an energy saver pool cleaning pump and it is appropriate for any pool size. Its automatic speed variation system makes it versatile in use. It is very powerful in finding out the smallest particles of debris and dust from the pool water. It uses less electricity as compare to other pool pumps because it takes less time to clean your pool. This is the best pool pump and it is highly recommended for all types of pools.
HOW TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT POOL PUMP?
The pool in your yard adds beauty elements in your property but it also helps you in collecting the great summer memories of water fun at your place. So, keeping it clean for every time usage is of utmost importance but it is not an easy task to do. Because hiring a professional cost much to our pockets and buying an appropriate personal pool pump by choosing among all the available pool pump models is hectic and troublesome. Let’s understand how we can choose wisely for a long-run benefit.
Pool Pump Structure
The very first step in selecting the right pool pump for your pool is to know about the technical structure of the pool pump. So, you can easily compare different models available in the market. 3 components are major in functioning; Motor, Impeller, and Housing. The motor is channelized and directly connected with electricity wire or plug; it is placed behind the housing. The impeller is an installed blade which sucks and throws out the water for cleaning purposes. Housing is a section where a filter basket or bucket is placed and all the debris is collected here.
It is important to measure your pool size because different pumps don’t support all sizes of pools. So, for a particular size of the pool, you must buy an appropriate power pump to clean it effectively. Usually, in-ground pools are bigger in size and large in-depth but above ground, pools are designed for personal space.
In-Ground Pool or Above Ground Pool
You must know it clearly that if, you are buying a pool pump for an in-ground pool or an above ground pool. Because you need to decide on where to keep the power plug. In some of the in-ground pools, the placement of the pump is under the ground level so it takes the connection from the main unit but if the pump is kept above the ground level then the power component needs to be hanged or kept at a distance.
You must understand and keep in mind that you carefully check the motor
voltage. The best above ground pool pumps usually work on 110v to 120v and in-ground pool pumps work on 120v or more than that. So, you must cross-check for the voltage capacity available in the pump to function as per your swimming pool model.
Horsepower is a very important factor while selecting the right pool pump for your pool cleaning. The more horsepower your pump will have, the more effective it will work in less time duration that will save your time but it will need more electricity to function.
THE 10 BEST POOL PUMP REVIEWS FOR 2020
It is a dream of every individual to spend his hard-earned money to build a house with all the amenities available in it including a beautiful personal swimming pool. Many of you might be having one already, but it keeping the pool clean is a big task. It costs much to hire a professional pool cleaner So, how about having one personal pool pump for your swimming pool. In this informative, we are adding reviews of the best 10 pool pumps in the market. You can compare all of these and make your decision wisely based on your pool type, size, design, and needs.
#1. Intex Kristal Clear Sand Filter Pump for Above Ground Pools – “Most Efficient & Lowest in Maintenance”
The Intex Kristal Clear Sand Filter Pumps are dedicatedly designed for above ground pools. It is better in cleaning performance in comparison with cartridge pumps. The Intex Kristal Filter is capable to wipe the smallest sand particles out of the pool water effectively. It is a one-time investment decision for the next 5 consecutive years.
It is the most prominent pool pump among all because of its unmatched quality cleaning skills. You can keep your pool away from dust and debris as this pool pump provides even qualify for the next 5 years. It doesn’t need parts replacement before the first five years and so on unlike the cartridge pumps require replacement every 2 – 3 weeks. It is built with an automatic schedule setting option.
- It is built with automatic shut off feature for safety and power saving.
- It is designed with an automatic 24 hrs schedule set feature with 2 hrs to 12 hrs preset automatic cycle. Its pump flow rate is 3000 gallons per hour.
- It is built with 6-way functions like Filter, Backwash, Rinse, Re-Circulate, Drain and Close System.
Kristal Clear Pool Pump is highly recommended to the owners of the above-ground pools especially the sand pool pump.
- You don’t need to worry about small dust particles in your pool.
- It can fight against the harsh chemicals in the pool.
- You don’t need to replace the filter of the pump for the next 5 years.
- It can work smoothly and effectively for long hours.
- It is lightweight and very much portable in size.
- The timer of the pool is shared between the sand filter and saltwater system simultaneously so, one function cannot be performed frequently.
#2. Hayward SP2610X15 Super Pump 1.5 HP Pool Pump – “Large Capacity & Cost Efficient”
The Hayward Super Pump is designed with a large storage capacity for keeping the extra debris and dust particles. The best function of this machine is that it can deal with big size debris and dust. It cleans pool water faster than the other pool pumps. This design is best suited for in-ground pools or spa centers.
This is a highly satisfying swimming pool cleaner in terms of filter basket size of 110 cubic-inches. The product is very cost-efficient and built with super-advanced technology. All the parts and components of this machine are made with PremaGlass XL that is corrosion-proof. The built-in material provides its longevity and years of life for use.
- It is designed with air ventilation for cool operations with heavy-duty operations.
- It uses a transparent strainer so that you can well judge when to clean the dust basket.
- The pump provides easy access to all the components of the design.
- Its ceramic seal makes it drip-proof and heat resistant.
- It comes with a strong and steady mounting base.
The Hayward Super Pump is recommended to all those pool owners who are tensed because of the presence of a large amount of tree leaf falling in the pool water and huge dust particles.
- It consumes 30% less power than any other pool pump.
- It functions at 3450 RPM speed to clean your pool effectively.
- It is based on a single-speed pump module that maintains constant speed throughout the process.
- This pump can be installed easily above the water level without any technical issues.
- It can circulate the pool water faster than other designs.
- It can not be run at a slower speed to save energy; it works on the standard parameters.
#3. Pentair 342001, Tan – “Remarkable Energy & Cost Saver”
The variable speed pump method helps in saving on the electricity bill. It can process 20,000 gallons of water in 12 hours per day. The pump capacity is 110v-230v. It is easy to be installed with the main unit. It is configured with three switchable operating speed settings.
The variable speed pump saves a huge amount of energy for its user in the long run as the user can shift the rotation speed as per the pool size and water level. It is built with digital technology that helps it to locate the locations and helps in moving across the pool. Pentair aquatic system is a perfect substitute for Hayward super pump.
- It is easy to install and simple to use.
- It is built with three operating speed settings and override capability.
- The pump is having 24 our clock system in real-time.
- It uses an ultra-quiet enclosed fan-cooled motor.
Pentair pool is capable to handle any kind of pool and area. So, it is recommended to every buyer who is already having a pool or who is new.
- Its thick wall and long-lasting components are the biggest strengths.
- It saves a large amount of energy for you in the long-run.
- It does self-priming so it starts easily.
- Very easy to maintain and repair.
- This pump is having only 1.5 horsepower.
#4. Wayne 57729 – WYNP WAPC250 Pool Cover Pump – “Automated on/off sensor in the presence of water”
The very powerful pool pump with automatic sensor for on/off in the presence of water flow. The water flow rate is 3000 gallons of water per hour. It is an energy-efficient and easy to use pool pump with the latest technology for the above ground pool or in-ground pool.
The oil-free high performing and energy-efficient pool pump are liked by many buyers and users. The automatic schedule system is a highly productive feature so, you can just leave the pump overnight and it will be automatically turned off by its sensors. Its strainer-based filter minimizes the presence of any kind of debris in the pool water.
- It works efficiently based on its automatic on/off technology.
- In the frozen condition, the protection circuit protects the motor from any possible impeller locked or mal-function condition.
- It saves energy and it is easy to install and use.
Because of its high performing automatic functioning, it can be used by any individual of any age.
- An iSwitch technology senses the presence of water for the on/off functioning.
- It can be left without supervision overnight as its power cuts automatically.
- Its powerful pump and filter work efficiently to collect the debris from the pool water.
- Because of its low flow switch, it is considered under poor design.
- It is not appropriate for outdoor pool units.
#5. Pentair 340039 Super Flo High-Performance Single Speed Pool Pump – “Super Energy Efficient & Easy to Maintain”
This model is a result of hydraulic engineering and exists for more than 4 decades. It works without making any noise efficiently and it can move a large amount of water. It is a high return on investment pool pump as it doesn’t need many human efforts so it experiences less wear and tear.
The SuperFlow pump is having thick walls and powerful hydraulics to work with quality. It is the best suit for in-ground and spa pools. It is a high performing pool pump with a quite functioning feature. It is an automated machine so works for long years.
- It is NSF Certified
- It is available in 115volt and 230volt models.
- It is for quick start and easy to use
- It is powered by a hydraulic system
The pump is energy efficient and suggests to every individual who is having a personal pool.
- It is configured with the heavy-duty motor.
- The big-sized filter basket is available.
- It works quickly and efficiently.
- Because of the single-speed pump, it is not energy efficient.
#6. Pentair 011018 Intelliflo Variable Speed High-Performance Pool Pump – “3 Horsepower, Energy Star Certified”
It is a highly energy-efficient and quiet pool pump. It saves up-to 90% energy. The pump is having automatic run time settings and 8 programmable speed settings. Its 3-horsepower speed system provides its highest reaction time.
The ultra-efficient motor makes it quick and fast in processing. It can clean the large debris and dust particles. Because of its 8 programmable speed settings, it can easily switch the motor speed as per the function and need of the process. It saves a lot of energy for the user.
- It is configured with 3 horsepower for better performance.
- It saves 90% energy than the traditional pool pumps.
- There are 8 programmable speed settings and timer settings.
- It functions quietly 4 times than the traditional pools.
It is recommended to those who can afford it but it is highly technical and great performing design.
- It is built with a permanent magnetic motor that performs better than any other pump.
- It is trusted for the last decade.
- It is operated with the software program for better control and productivity.
- It is very easy to install with the in-ground pool or spa.
- The pool is very expensive as compare to other available designs and variants.
#7. Harris H1572730 Pro Force 1.5 HP Above Ground Pool Pump 115v – “Great Efficiency & Quite Processing”
This pool pump is having a long life due to its reinforced thermoplastic body. It is CSA and ETL approved designed. Its stainless-steel body makes it a better choice for rough and tough usage.
Harris Pro-Force 1.5 HP pump is less-costlier than any other brand available brands in the market. Because of advanced engineering, the model functions smoothly without making any irritating noise. The strainer basket is easy to clean with large size. The pump is 1.5 volt.
- It is a long-lasting and durable pump.
- The pump can be used for any pool cleaning.
- The pump is 1.5 volt.
The quite functioning makes it a better choice for the domestic users as it does not create any irritating sound.
- It gives outstanding performance for a very low price.
- Its maintenance is easy and hassles free.
- It works quietly as compared to other pumps.
- There is no on/off switch available in the design for manual use.
#8. Intex 28633EG Kristal Clear Cartridge Filter Pump For Above Ground Pool – “Specifically Designed For Above Ground Pools”
The Intex Kristal Clear Cartridge Filter pump is specially designed for above ground pool models. It is featured with an air release valve if air malfunctions inside the filter chamber. It is very easy to use and you can even change its cartridge within every 2 weeks.
You can keep your pool clean and water clear from the dust and debris with the Intex GPH filter cartridge pump. Its system flow rate is 1900 gallons per hour which makes it a very fast machine to filter the water. It is the most powerful cartridge filter pump designed by Intex.
- It is very easy to install in the pool only hoses are supposed to be connected.
- The pump is specially designed for the above ground pool.
- It is built with the latest technology of auto-timer with the preset cycle of 2 hours to 12 hours.
- It has an air release valve for air malfunctioning inside the filter chamber.
This pool pump is highly recommended for its technological usage and smart design.
- It is built with hydro-aeration technology.
- It is configured with auto-timer which helps pre-set the schedule.
- The GFC system is highly safe for electrical usage.
- There are no spare parts available in the market.
- Its cartridge is needed to be replaced very often.
#9. Hayward SP15932S PowerFlow Matrix 1.5 HP Dual Speed Above Ground Swimming Pool Pump – “Highly Superior Above Ground Pool Pump”
The pool pump is compatible with above ground pools. It is highly technical and automatic design prevents clogging by leaf and dust. It is installed with a large-sized strainer basket to collect maximum pool debris and dust. It is very much energy efficient and configured with the heavy-duty motor.
It is a highly satisfactory pool pump with a powerful motor for the cleaning of the above ground pool. It can convert from the vertical to horizontal discharge orientation. Its big-sized basket lets you clean the large size pool and collect the maximum debris and dust particles.
- It is a highly energy-efficient pool pump with a powerful motor.
- The pump cleans above ground pool water efficiently and keeps the water healthy and clear.
- It is built with high performing heavy-duty motor with automatic thermal overload protection.
The power flow matrix pool pump is very high in the quality and it is dedicatedly recommended to above ground pool owners for better cleaning purposes.
- It is a cost and energy-efficient design.
- Its 60-cycle motor increases the overall performance.
- It is a durable and powerful pool pump.
- There is a large debris basket installed in it that can collect a large amount of debris and dust.
- Its built quality is not up to the mark.
#10. Hayward SP2302VSP Max – Flo vs. Variable – Speed Pool Pump – “Most Energy Efficient Pump at Different Speed”
The pool pump is the most energy-efficient pump among all the other models. It is an energy star certified pool pump. It is configured with a permanent magnetic fan cooled motor. Its extra-large debris basket design ensures the collection of maximum debris and dust particles.
The Hayward Max Flo Pool Pump awarded for its unmatched performance in cleaning the pool water as per the standards. The large basket ensures the large leaf and dust particles to
be removed effectively out of the pool water. It is one of the most energy-efficient pool pumps in the market.
- The installed variable pump is highly productive in saving the extra use of energy.
- Its digital meter shows the total consumption of power that can save you more energy.
- The configured magnetic motor works extremely well to satisfy its owner.
MaxFlo VS controls the variable speed of the pump at the time of the cleaning process. Therefore, it is highly recommended to everyone.
- It is built with permanent magnet and enclosed fan cooled motor.
- The pool pump is compatible with all the automatic systems.
- MaxFlo VS is energy star certified and is as per the industrial rules.
- The pool pump can not be operated through smartphones.
- Its installation instructions are not clear.
HOW DOES A POOL PUMP WORK?
The pool pump is considered as the most important component of swimming pool cleaning and filtration system. The pump is channelized with the help of a motor. A motor supplies energy to the impeller which rotates the volute. The suction process is made effective with the power spinning and that forces the pool water to flow inside and outside. All the debris and dust particles are collected in the filter bucket or basket. This process takes a couple of hours as per the motor capacity of the pump which is calculated in RPMs, usually single speed pumps work on 3450 RPMs.
The pool pump must work fine all the time else your summer fun can be spoiled. So, always keep a periodic check on the mechanical parts, it’s the motor and O-ring functioning. Although motor repairing costs lesser than buying a new pool pump so it is a convenient option to get it repaired.
All the pool pump parts must be in good condition. The swimming pool pump will perform efficiently and it will filter the debris out of the water with quality.
If the pool pump motor successfully transfers the electronic energy to the pump then mechanical functioning will be smooth and there will be less usage of electricity units with productivity.
The term turnover rate is used for the total time taken by the pool pump for the circulation system to workout on the water volume in gallons.
If you are planning to buy a new swimming pool for your personal space or you are looking for the best cleaning solution for your pool then you must look for the best swimming pool pump and you can choose from the above reviewed highly advanced and quality performer pool pumps. Although you can opt for any of the pumps for your pool, we would suggest you choose the variable speed pool design as it is more power-efficient and it consists of all the latest features built-in. So, don’t just wait for summers and buy your swimming pool pump for the clean and healthy pool water ready for the next party at your place.