The kitchen sink faucet is a constant part of people’s lives, and it offers a lot of convenience for everyone. You can use the faucet to wash and clean a lot of things, and some even bathe their children or pets with it. The thing is, people take it for granted because it is always there.
In modern times, there are now different kinds of kitchen sink faucets from the material, size, pressure, control, etc. which makes it tricky to find the best kitchen sink faucet Consumer Reports.
The 10 Best Kitchen Sink Faucets Consumer Reports
- The 10 Best Kitchen Sink Faucets Consumer Reports
- 1. Moen 7594EC Arbor Motionsense Two-Sensor Touchless One-Handle Pull Down Kitchen Faucet
- 2. Delta Faucet Leland Pull Down Kitchen Faucet
- 3. Moen 7594SRS Arbor One-Handle Pulldown Kitchen Faucet Featuring Power Boost and Reflex, Spot Resist Stainless
- 4. Delta Faucet Essa Pull Down Faucet
- 5. Moen 7185ESRS Brantford Motionsense Pulldown Kitchen Faucet
- 6. Delta Faucet Kaye Single-Handle Kitchen Sink Faucet
- 7. Kraus KPF-1640SS Nola Kitchen Faucet
- 8. Aimadi Contemporary Kitchen Sink Faucet
- 9. WEWE Single Handle High Arc Brushed Nickel Pull Out Kitchen Faucet
- 10. Keonjinn Stainless Steel Kitchen Faucets, High Arc Single Handle Pull Out Brushed Nickel Kitchen Faucet, Single Level with Pulldown Sprayer
- How to Choose the Right Kitchen Sink Faucet:
- How to Install a Kitchen Faucet
- How to Replace a Kitchen Faucet
You might consider faucets as very mundane, but a lot of technology and art goes into creating them that you must know about if you plan to purchase one. Take a look at these kitchen faucet reviews:
1. Moen 7594EC Arbor Motionsense Two-Sensor Touchless One-Handle Pull Down Kitchen Faucet
When you look at this faucet, you will notice its versatile design, which goes with almost any kitchen sink or layout you have. The MotionSense feature delivers an incredible convenience because all you need is a hand movement to trigger the water flow. The Power Clean spray technology is great for wider types of sinks because it provides 50% more spraying power compared to most of the faucets you see today that do not have this technology.
This faucet is retractable that comes with the Reflex system that allows for smooth operation, secure docking of the spray head, and makes it easily movable. You can install this with 1 or 3 holes, and it is made to last an entire lifetime.
- Great high arc
- MotionSense works with no issues
- The design is great for big pressure cookers and pots
- Battery pack not strong enough for the sensor to work
2. Delta Faucet Leland Pull Down Kitchen Faucet
The patented diamond seal technology reduces leaks and makes it last two times longer than industry standards. With a magnetic docking feature for your kitchen sprayer so it does not droop over. The powerful spray lets you spend less time scrubbing and almost zero splatter.
You can install this with 1 or 3 holes that includes a deck plate if you want to install it with 3 holes. Has built in InnoFlex PEX supply lines that integrate into the faucet for less leaks.
This is backed by a lifetime warranty.
- Well-built with a solid finish
- Good price for its quality
- Easy and intuitive water control to avoid splashes and splatters if you are working on the sink
- Original hose easily deteriorates and needs to be replaced earlier than expected
3. Moen 7594SRS Arbor One-Handle Pulldown Kitchen Faucet Featuring Power Boost and Reflex, Spot Resist Stainless
No more having to deal with water spots and finger prints because of the Spot Resist Stainless finish. The exclusive Power Boost technology has a faster fill option by just pushing one button. The reflex system for smooth operation, secure docking, and easy movement are all part of the retractable features of this product.
You can install this with 1 or 3 holes with a flexible design that is built to last for a lifetime.
- Flexible design allows for easy installation
- The goose is perfect for filling up enormous water pots in the sink.
- Replaceable cartridge handle making it repairable
- It has no manual mode, which means you have no option if the sensors are malfunctioning
4. Delta Faucet Essa Pull Down Faucet
Compared to other faucets, this one is expected to last 2x longer the patented diamond seal technology significantly reduces leak points. The magnetic docking snaps the sprayer into place keeping the sprayer from drooping.
There are 1 to 3 holes for installation, and everything you need is all in one box. The touch clean spray holes let you easily wipe off lime and calcium build up with just a finger. There is no need to use chemical cleaners.
You can install this anytime because it comes with a lifetime warranty.
- Really strong spray function, allowing you to scrub less
- The magnet works the way it is supposed to
- The temperature mixer pivots forward so it does not hit the back splash
- The touch function needs to be improved because it stopped working
5. Moen 7185ESRS Brantford Motionsense Pulldown Kitchen Faucet
This faucet is spot resistant and the finish is resistant to fingerprints and water spots so the kitchen looks cleaner. The MotionSense lets you operate the faucet without using your hands. All you need to do is motion your hands in front of the sensor for the faucet to turn on or off. There is 50% more spray pressure with the Power Clean spray technology.
The retractable feature has a reflex system for a smooth operation, easy movement, and secure spray docking.
Easy to install, flexible design with up to 3 holes. This product complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) specifications.
- There is an auto feature that dispenses water and you can just leave it once you are done
- Solid brass construction
- Easy installation and lower maintenance
- Sprayer head design needs improvement
6. Delta Faucet Kaye Single-Handle Kitchen Sink Faucet
The Delta MagnaTite Docking has a Powerful built in magnet that precisely sets the pulldown sprayer so it stays docked. The Diamond Seal Technology performs like it is always new with its patented design to reduce leak points, and easier to install.
There is a valve with diamond coating that gives you a faucet that lasts up to 5 million uses and it keeps the water inside, keeping it from being potentially contaminated by metals.
- Easy to use and the spray feature makes it cleaning easier
- The installation instructions are easy to follow, compared to other faucets sold
- Maintenance is simple and cleaning only takes seconds
- The water temperature can be difficult to control
7. Kraus KPF-1640SS Nola Kitchen Faucet
Each one is made of the best components, with a sleek design and great functionality.
This Nola Single Lever Flex Commercial Style Faucet has a double-coil design that goes with any kitchen décor. The innovative double spring gives additional reinforcement for an ergonomic spray head. The sprayer with dual function is designed to make it easier to switch between aerated spray and stream.
The temperature control function is effortless and the water flow is controlled so you do not have to be worried about the splatter you will make from the kitchen sink.
- Looks more stylish than those with a plastic tube that you need to periodically push back
- The faucet stainless steel has a beautiful satin finish, making it very attractive
- Ceramic cartridge that lasts a long time
- The spray function is a bit vigorous, which you sometimes have to be careful not to splatter water
8. Aimadi Contemporary Kitchen Sink Faucet
This faucet is made of solid brass material, with a rotating spout, offering you two spray and stream options. Installation is quick and easy, that has a connect design and heavy-duty commercial style spring design. The single handle faucet design has a sleek finish and clean lines. It looks like a kitchen masterpiece, from the finishes that lasts a lifetime. Works efficiently and drip-free, that works seamlessly with the lifestyles of today.
There are two nozzles with different nozzles that satisfies the needs of any user’s taste.
- Gives your kitchen a modern and industrial look
- The spray volume is well-controlled, and it does not overwhelm a sink that is not so deep
- Quick installation
- The hose is not long enough to reach under the sink
9. WEWE Single Handle High Arc Brushed Nickel Pull Out Kitchen Faucet
The tulip kitchen faucet has a 3-way spray setting for filling up the water, pause to avoid splashes while multitasking, stream to fill the pot, and spray for rinsing. When you are trying to install this faucet, you will find that there is already a pre-installed pulldown hose and water line to save time. It will only take you about 30 minutes to be exact.
Operation is easy because the single handle for controlling water temperature and volume are already built in. The spout that swivels 360 degrees gives you full access to washing.
- Well-priced faucet with a very decent design, material, and finish
- Wonderful spray feature does not splash water all over the place when you turn it on
- The product looks robust and could last a long time
- You have to hold the pause button. Otherwise, the stream resumes
10. Keonjinn Stainless Steel Kitchen Faucets, High Arc Single Handle Pull Out Brushed Nickel Kitchen Faucet, Single Level with Pulldown Sprayer
Made of stainless steel, with multifunctional water effect outlet with a 3-way spray setting -Stream, Spray, and Pause. The swivel spout turns 360 degrees, easy hot and cold water control function, and easy installation with 1 to 3 holes.
- Significantly easier to install than other faucets
- This faucet looks great and it is well-priced for its features
- The gravity ball system works well
- Sprayer is slightly pointed outwards
How to Choose the Right Kitchen Sink Faucet:
Evaluate Your Kitchen
Think about the type of features and fixtures that are already in your kitchen. Are you interested in keeping the current design or you want new fixtures? You can start by looking at complementary faucets for your kitchen sink. Consider the faucet style and installation choices that will fit your needs. Is your sink made of glass, cast iron, composite material, or stainless steel? What finish are you looking for that matches your kitchen?
You must consider these when evaluating your kitchen because it counts when you are choosing a kitchen sink faucet.
Height and Reach of the Spout
High arc faucets are very common these days, but you must consider how much space there is above your sink. If the shelves or cabinets above the sink are low, you do not want the arc to be very high because it will limit your movement. A large one might require a faucet that has a larger reach. For instance, if you have a farmhouse sink, you need a faucet that has a spray option that reaches every corner of the sink easily.
Choose the Mount
A lot of sinks already have pre-drilled holes where the faucet can be mounted. Therefore, if you are just replacing a faucet or your sink is already predrilled, you already know what you must work with.
Building or remodeling gives you more freedom because you have not bought a sink yet. It could also be that your new countertop has an undermount sink.
How Many Handles are There?
Traditional faucets could have two handles to use so you can control the water flow and there is a hot-or-cold-water option. For the kitchen, it is best to choose the one with handle. That is because when you are working in the kitchen, you might need to use the water more often than when you are in the bathroom.
Quality and Price
The majority of faucets sold today use cartridge, ceramic disk valves, or ball. Faucets with a ceramic disk valve solid brass or stainless-steel material are more durable and costs more than those with plastic parts.
Weight is a good way to tell about the faucet’s quality. If you are unsure if the fitting is made of solid brass, pick up the faucet. It should weigh more than the others. The top rated kitchen faucets are normally heavier and sturdier.
Even if they have an appealing entry price, the lower-priced ones are made of plastic, and it is the same for the parts that do not hold up. A cheap one is not necessarily the best kitchen sink faucet.
Choose its Finishing Touches
You mist factor in the functional accessories that make kitchen tasks easier and keeps the sink clean. Most of them do not require a lot to install, and they enhance your faucet. For instance, you can keep the countertop clear by having stored liquid soaps or hand lotion in the under-the-sink container. You can buy soap dispensers that are sold in different designs and finishes that could match the kitchen sink and faucet.
You can add beverage faucets and pot fillers so you can still use your main faucet while you cook and entertain. Pot fillers let you fill pots from above the stovetop so you do not have to carry the pot with water.
That is why the best rated kitchen faucets are the best ones to consider.
How to Install a Kitchen Faucet
Once you buy one of the best kitchen faucets, you must know how to install it because not all plumbing works require you to pay for a plumber. You can install a kitchen sink faucet on your own, and here’s how:
- Put the gasket on the sink faucet holes and set them in the deck plate
- Feed the faucet into the hole
- Underneath the sink, install the nuts and washers
- If it is a pulldown faucet, attach the hose to the pipe. Then, pull down the hose so you can attach the weight
- Connect the lines for water supply, and use a plumber’s tape if you have to
- Turn on the water slowly to check for leaks, then tighten connections in case of leaks
- Remove the faucet aerator, then turn on the water to let it run for a couple of minutes. Check the lines again for leaks and readjust if necessary
- Turn off the faucet and replace the aerator
How to Replace a Kitchen Faucet
- Turn off the water and disconnect the water supply by shutting off the valves under the sink. Use a wrench to disconnect water supply
- Take out the old faucet by removing the fastening nuts, and then lift out the hose
- Connect the new faucet
- Install the gasket and hold the faucet in position by putting the gasket on the mounting holes. Then, feed the faucet into the hole/s
- Secure in place the new faucet and its attachments by using a wrench or screwdriver
- Connect the plumbing by taking the in-wall water supply lines in the faucet and wrap it with plumber’s tape to seal it
- Test it
- Remove the aerator and let the water run for a few minutes
These are the top 10 best kitchen sink faucets of 2020 that you can choose from. Some of them are found in best kitchen faucets consumer reports. With thousands of choices out there today, this one should finally make it easier for you to pick since there are kitchen faucet reviews to use as a reference.