Is there a better way to start a morning than some rich aroma of grilled meat from the best flat top grill? Whether its veggies, eggs, meat or bacon, flat top grills can deliver the taste and the convenience you need as they are versatile. They offer that welcoming comfort of igniting heat without having to go through the strenuous, time-consuming process of lighting up a fire.
Table of Contents
- 1 The top 5 best flat top grills for 2020
- 2 #1. Blackstone 36-inch Outdoor Flat Top Gas Grill Griddle Station (Our Top Pick)
- 3 #2. Camp Chef Flat Top Grill (Our Premium Pick)
- 4 #3. Cuisinart CGG-888 Grill Stainless Steel Lid 22-Inch Round Outdoor Flat Top Gas grill (Our Budget Pick)
- 5 #4. VEVOR Flat Top Griddle Grill (Our Runner Up)
- 6 #5. Royal Gourmet GB4001 4-Burner Propane Gas Grill Griddle (Our Honorable Mention)
- 7 Features to consider when choosing the best flat top grill.
- 8 Benefits of using the best flat top grill
- 9 Conclusion
The top 5 best flat top grills for 2020
The best flat top grill can cook faster, better and evenly. Convenience comes with cost and size, but most fundamentally, you must choose a grill based on your needs and use. The best part about flat top grills is that they can be used both indoors and outdoors. So, whether you want to spice your next hike, host a backyard party or simply treat your little people to a memorable outdoor camping, flat top grills have you covered. However, finding the best flat top grill is never, easy, especially if you are new to grills. If that is the case, worry no more for we have selected 5 of the best flat top grills to help you make a wise decision.
#1. Blackstone 36-inch Outdoor Flat Top Gas Grill Griddle Station (Our Top Pick)
This grill and griddle combo from Blackstone is your ultimate barbecue companion. It’s designed to cook for a big family or backyard parties. It is also a restaurant-grade measuring a large 720sq inches of cooking surface making it one of the biggest Grills in our list. When it comes to performance, this grill performs like a beast, but that is not why its leading this list.
What we loved most about the Blackstone 36inch outdoor flat top grill are the latest additions which make it look like a mini kitchen. Blackstone has added an upgraded side shelf, trash bag hooks, a paper towel holder, and a removable cutting board to help with whatever you want to chop or cut. What else would you ask for?
- High-quality griddle
- Has 4 independently controlled burners
- Heats quickly and distributes heat evenly
- Cost friendly
- Rust resistant
- Easy to clean
- Easy and quick to assemble
- Can cook many foods for a large group of people
- No cover to protect the grill from harsh winds.
- Grease catcher doesn’t work correctly.
#2. Camp Chef Flat Top Grill (Our Premium Pick)
Thanks to its versatility, budget-friendly, restaurant-grade and high performance, the camp chef landed in the second place in our list. This grill is enough to feed a whole horde of hungry guests. It is also great for your backyard barbecue holidays as well as boating, camping and other outdoor activities. The griddle is preseasoned, meaning that you can begin cooking as soon as you have assembled it. It is weather-resistant as it comes with a cover as it doesn’t fire up or remain unevenly hot.
The design is impressive as it ensures that you have enough room to store your utensils and the food. We especially loved the electronic button ignition system and the roller wheels, which makes moving from one place to another super easy.
- Offer an extensive section of cooking space
- Features a matchless ignition
- Easy to transport
- Has 6 large steel burners that are independently controlled
- The griddle is preseasoned and ready for cooking
- Has a great grease management system
- Huge storage shelves
- Extra space for food preparation
- Rusts easily
- Difficult to clean
- Spare parts are not locally available
- The cover does not quite fit
#3. Cuisinart CGG-888 Grill Stainless Steel Lid 22-Inch Round Outdoor Flat Top Gas grill (Our Budget Pick)
If you are tight on budget, this elegantly designed grill should be your perfect option. It features two heat zones that deliver even cooking and consistency. What will capture your attention immediately you spot this grill is its design that makes it look like a mini spaceship. That means that it will naturally blend in with your kitchen decor.
A removable grease cup will help keep your grill clean and also make cleaning easier. There is a stainless vented lid that will help you grill, steam, smoke or roast any type of food and keep them warm till eating time. The Cuisinart CGG-888 is an exceptional grill and the best flat top grill when it comes to tasty food as it grills restaurant quality type of food.
- High-quality cooking
- Stylish design
- Easy to assemble
- Dual burners
- Stainless lid
- Comes with a paper towel holder and preparation table
- Cannot cook for many people
- Melts down after a continuous heating
- Parts like latches come off easily
- Durability not guaranteed
#4. VEVOR Flat Top Griddle Grill (Our Runner Up)
If simplicity is what you are looking for, look no further. The VEVOR flat top griddle grill is incredibly simple and easy to use. It features a powerful cooking system which is equipped with two adjustable burners. Can cook fast but can get extremely hot if not careful. The grill is also easy to move as it comes with portable handles and detachable legs designed to ease movement.
Offering a large cooking space, the flat top grill has a smooth surface to give your food that premium attention. Its strong outdoor structure makes it ideal for various outdoor activities as it is made from stainless steel, high-quality iron and can handle harsh elements
- Reasonable size for cooking space
- Upgraded design
- Great grease draining system
- Made of durable material
- Easy to transport
- Powerful cooking ability
- Rust resistant
- Multifunctional cookware
- The grill can get extremely hot
- Steel coat is too thin and comes off easily
- Not affordable
- Not safe as oil spill can burn you
#5. Royal Gourmet GB4001 4-Burner Propane Gas Grill Griddle (Our Honorable Mention)
Another space-saving grill in our list is the famous Royal Gourmet GB400. Available in two sizes, a four and a two-burner, this grill cooks efficiently and evenly. The 744square inches space is big enough to make breakfast and lunch for the whole family. It is preseasoned, so you can use it immediately you open it. The brand carries all your favorite grilling needs and taste.
Other features about this grill include an inbuilt towel rack, a shelf to store your necessities and folding side tables. There is also a high capacity grease collection system to ensure that you don’t have to frequently empty the drip tray. It requires minimal maintenance and is easy to use.
- Durable material
- Features a four-burner and a two-burner
- Customized grilling
- Easy to move around
- Great grease collection system
- Great for indoor and outdoor grilling.
- Sturdy legs that remain firm even around rocks
- The grill does not come with a cover
Features to consider when choosing the best flat top grill.
Buying a grill is never easy, particularly for new users who have no idea what features to look for. A generous tip from us is first to identify what your needs are before heading out for shopping. The best flat top grill should satisfy all your needs, including your budget. Here are a few tips to give you a heads up of some of the features to pay attention to.
Just like any machine unit in our kitchen, a grill is a worthy investment. You don’t want to compromise on the durability. Any good quality flat top gas grill should last for a number of years. That means they should be made of quality material that is rust-resistant and stainless. A well-constructed grill will retain heat and burn food evenly.
Like we mentioned before, your needs play a role in the type of grill you choose. How do you intend to use the grill? How many people are using it? Do you want a large, small or a medium cooking surface? Another critical aspect to put into consideration is the storage space or where you want to keep the grill. If you have a small kitchen, then it’s prudent that you choose a grill that won’t take much space.
Whether you have enough money to purchase the type of grill you need, it’s always a good idea to get some value for your money. It’s not impossible to find a flat top grill that suits all your needs and still saves you money. Before making a final decision, go through the features of every grill paying more attention to essential features.
Like all other standard grills, the best flat top grill can be electric or gas-powered. Both options have their advantages and disadvantages. What you choose highly depends on the portability and convenience. For instance, for an outdoor grill, gas would be a more reasonable type of fuel as it is portable. A home grill can comfortably use electricity as the grill doesn’t need to move.
The best flat top grill should be safe to use anywhere irrespective of whether you have children or not. You don’t have to fear about gas leaks or flare-ups. Therefore, pay for a grill that will take care of you and not put your life in danger.
Benefits of using the best flat top grill
Everybody loves grilled foods. Flat top grills are more efficient than traditional smoky grills. They are more reliable, energy-efficient, cost-effective and portable compared to other basic grills. So, what are the other benefits of flat top grills?
Less time consuming
Unlike old grills, flat-top grills do not require lighting a fire which can be quite stressful during rainy days. They heat in seconds and cook food evenly in less time, so your guests don’t need to wait for that meat hours long.
Can be used any time anywhere
Since the grills are portable, they can be used almost anywhere whether it is in a boat, deep in the forests, on top of a mountain, at the beach or even at your back yard.
Can grill many kinds of foods at the same time
The best flat top grill is big enough to cook for a large family or a huge group of people in a party or event. They come with extra space to prepare your food, store your accessories and keep food warm.
More years of freshly grilled food
Flat top grills are made with durable material to serve you for the longest time possible. You are assured of great restaurant-like meals all through.
Precautions and safety tips when using flat top grills
A flat top grill is a great have whether for indoor or outdoor use. Most grills are pretty safe to use as the manufacturers paid detailed attention to various safety features. However, accidents do happen, and users need to take precautions when grilling. If it is your first time using the best flat top grill, here are a few safety and precautionary tips to help you stay safe.
- Always wear protective grilling clothes to protect yourself from the hot grill.
- If you have children around, keep your grill far away from them especially if you are grilling fatty meat
- Always check for leaks before using your grill.
- Don’t overload your grill. This can cause mass fire flare-ups.
- Never leave a flat top grill unattended because that will mean burning hamburgers for dinner or worse causing fires.
- Never turn the gas on before turning the grill on to avoid fire cases as a result of gas accumulation in the grill.
- Clean your grill immediately before use and after use. it helps lengthen your grill’s lifespan
- When cleaning, avoid using carrion causing chemicals which may cause rusting.
- Avoid using the highest heat to reduce the chances of starting a fire and unnecessary burning of food.
Whether you are looking for a small or large grill for home use or travel. Finding the best flat top grill is paramount. However, you may need to search slowly, choose wisely and decide selectively.
Of the five flat op grills we reviewed, our favorite had to be the Blackstone 36-inch Outdoor Flat Top Gas Grill. With a 720 square inch space, four independently controlled heat zones and an ignition button, this grill is a mini kitchen elegantly customized for you. Don’t forget the fact that it is affordable, durable and stylish.
There you have it! Time to hit the shops and get your dream grill. We hope that this article helps you find the ideal grill for your needs.
Have some fun shopping!