In this article, I have listed the 10 best electric knife sharpeners Consumer Reports currently available in 2021. The list includes the products I have used and other good options based on features, customer reviews, and overall feedback.
MY TOP PICK: If you are looking for an all-rounder knife sharpener, I recommend the Chef’sChoice 15 Trizor XV Electric Knife Sharpener, which converts your 20-degree knife blade to a superior 15-degree blade. With a compact footprint of 10 x 4.25 inches, it also occupies minimal kitchen counter space.
Trizor XV technology extends the knife blade’s life by guaranteeing a burr-free triple-bevel fine edge. This type of edge reduces dullness longer as compared to the regular “V” shaped edge.
Three Stage Sharpening
Offers three-stage sharpening to sharpen all kinds of kitchen knives. The first two stages are perfect for sharpening standard straight-edged knives, while the last step is for the serrated utility knives.
Comes with an exact step-by-step instruction manual to facilitate you through the process. Not only that, following the guidelines will help you increase its durability.
Patented Spring Guides
Features patented flexible spring guides, allowing you to control the reshaping or honing by keeping an even pressure on all the points.
Here is my list of The 10 Best Electric Knife Sharpeners
1. Chef’sChoice 15 Trizor XV Electric Knife Sharpener
As the name indicates, the Chef’sChoice 15 Trizor XV Electric Knife Sharpener comes with the Trizor XV technology to give a convex edge on the knives’ blades.
- Converts American or European 20-degrees blades into sharp Japenese style single- or double- bevel 15-degrees blades.
- Features three-step arch-shaped edge grinding, which first converts to 25-degrees, the 22-degrees, and then lastly 15-degrees.
- Trizor XV technology increases the blade’s durability by making it more honed with a curve-shaped edge than a traditional “V” shaped edge.
- One hundred percent diamond abrasives in stage one and to guarantee premium-quality performance.
- Phase three comes with a patented abrasion system responsible for creating keen edges on serrated blades.
- Capable of sharpening a knife in less than a minute with a recommended 20 passes through the stage.
- Comes with a three-year limited warranty to ensure a safe investment.
2. Presto 08810 Electric Knife Sharpener
The Presto 08810 Electric Knife Sharpner is an economical and compact addition to your kitchen, which sharpens your knives with its three-phase sharpening mechanism.
- The first phase tunes the regular blades for correct sharpening in the second and third phases.
- Features an edge thickness selector allowing you to select any of the desired sharpness.
- Able to shape all kinds of knives, including slim, bulky, or outdoor knives.
- Three to five occasions of each phase are enough for sufficient sharpness of regular knives except some coats knives that require more tuning in step one.
- Allows you to interchange the edge instructions permit to select the sharpness towards the edges.
- Weighs only 5.1 pounds with dimensions measuring around 12 x 5 x 4 inches.
- Comes with rotor blades, which are suitable for regular knives but not for fillet or Japanese knives.
3. Shenzhen Knives Electric Knife Sharpener
Based in Hawaii, Shenzhen has designed this compact Shenzhen Knives Electric Knife Sharpener, especially for your ceramic and steel knives.
- Upgrades the grit content of the abrasive ranging from 600 grit to 800 grit ensuring accurate sharpness.
- Allows you to select the finesse of the blade between USA, European and Asian styles.
- Offers two types of settings: Fine for regular knives, whereas Coarse settings help you sharpen rough and dull blades.
- Can quickly remove up to 1 mm from a ceramic blade.
- Comes with a removable diamond wheel cartridge, which can easily be cleaned after use.
4. Work Sharp Knife & Tool Electric Knife Sharpener
As the name suggests, the Work Sharp Knife & Tool Electric Knife Sharpener is a perfect choice for kitchen and workshop knives.
- Features five types of flexible abrasive belts to maintain a convex angle for creating a precisely sharped edge.
- Allow you to interchange sharpening guides to select your required sharpness level.
- Comes with a belt tracking lever allowing you to position blades accurately.
- Features a 0.7-amp motor, which provides enough speed to sharpen all kinds of knives, including straight, bladed, curve, serrated, tanto, and fillet, within minutes.
- Comes with a ¼ by 20 inches bench mount fastener to make the sharpening process more convenient.
- Weighs only 2.4 pounds with overall dimensions of 13.1 x 5.4 x 8.5 inches.
5. LINKYO Electric Knife Sharpener
The LINKYO Electric Sharpener is perfect to create razor-sharp edges for your daily kitchen knives.
- Offers a two-stage sharpening process – the first step sharpens the blade while the second one hones and polishes it further.
- Comes with a non-slip suction cup to hold the sharpener in place.
- Features a built-in stop feature to prevent any blade damage in case of unwanted increased pressure.
- Recommended for all kinds of knives made of carbon, stainless steel, or carbon.
- Provides accurate sharpening without requiring much manual effort or pressure.
- Weighs only 2.65 pounds with total dimensions of 8.25 (L) x 5.75 (W) x 3.25 (H) inches.
- Comes with a two-year warranty to ensure long-term post-delivery customer service.
6. Presto 08800 EverSharp Electric Knife Sharpener
Designed by Nation Presto Industries, the Presto 08800 EverSharp Electric Sharpener comes in a sleek and modern design to complement all kinds of kitchen interiors.
- Comes in a black and silver exterior finish with soft and rounded edges to blend in with a stainless-steel style kitchen.
- Weighs approximately three pounds with overall dimensions of 8.14 x 5.34 x 4 inches.
- Features three suction cups at the bottom to ensure stability during the sharpening process.
- Offers a two-stage sharpening process for regular sharpening and advanced polishing.
- The first stage, also known as the rough stage, grinds down the blades, while the second stage, also called the fine stage, hones the edge.
- The motor automatically stops if you exert more pressure to save the knife from any damage.
- Can easily sharpen a knife in less than two minutes.
7. PriorityChef Electric Knife Sharpener
The PriorityChef Electric Knife Sharpener comes with a diamond-coated sharpener to guarantee durability and high-performance in the longer run.
- Features a cushioned nonslip base, which keeps it at one position during the process and saves the kitchen countertop from any scratch.
- The coarse slot contains a diamond-coated wheel to sharpen a dull knife, while the fine slot comes with a ceramic honing wheel to polish the blade further.
- Works well with all kinds of European-style knives including chef’s knife, paring knife, and serrated knife.
- Weighs only 0.65 pounds with dimensions measuring around 2.5 x 7.5 x 2.5 inches.
8. Wusthof Electric Knife Sharpener
Working for the past 200 years, Wusthof has designed the Wusthof Electric Knife Sharpener for regular sharpening of daily kitchen knives.
- Features a one-touch pre-programmed control guide allowing you to sharpen your knife without manual monitoring of each stage time.
- Comes with an additional sharp button to notify the sharpener about a dull knife that requires extra sharpening.
- Offers a Refine button allowing you to sharpen your regular knives every week.
- Comes with a three-year warranty to ensure a safe and long-term investment.
9. Chef’sChoice 250 Diamond Hone Electric Knife Sharpener
The Chef’sChoice 250 Diamond Hone Electric Knife Sharpener comes with a Hybrid technology to provide precise sharpening.
- As the name suggests, it facilitates a hybrid model of both electric and manual stages depending upon your sharpening requirements.
- Advanced Hybrid technology allows you to sharpen 20-degree class knives with ease and comfort.
- Can sharpen all kinds of knives, including serrated, household, light sporting, and pocket knives.
- Stage one and two provide electric sharpening, while phase three provides manual honing for an arch-shaped sharp edge.
- Features 100 percent diamond abrasives in the two stages with ultra-fine diamond abrasives in stage three for polished edges.
10. EdgeKeeper Electric Knife Sharpener
The EdgeKeeper Electric Knife Sharpener is an affordable sharpener, perfect for straight-edge steel blades.
- Comes with non-slip silicone feet that hold his compact sharpener in its place during the sharpening operation.
- Features a removable blade to catch the knife shavings to keep your kitchen counter clean and mess-free.
- Offers two-stage sharpening, ensuring a fine edge blade for both household and professional use.
- Features slot angles to position the knife at an ideal angle for precise sharpening.
I believe after reading my list of the 10 best electric knife sharpeners Consumer Reports, you can now make a better decision buying one that fits your needs.
Feel free to add suggestions and comments in the section below to share your own experience with these products.