Oh, you know me.
Always keeping busy doing something or another.
This summer has been the summer of partying. My oldest turned 11 in June, my baby turned 3 in August, we celebrated the upcoming birth of one nephew in August, and now I’m proud to announce that my BFF is having a little boy too.
(Oh, and if that sounds like a lot of babies to you, you don’t know the HALF of it. That’s a whole blog post in itself though…)
Anyway, I’m kind of freaking out about how awesome this party will be. Honestly, planning this shower has got me addicted to Pinterest. I never really had an interest in it before. But I think these PINspirations will show you why.
Clockwise, beginning with the big guy:
- Woodland Tablescape When I pinned these I had no idea that the sites were foreign. But really, you don’t need to know what the blog is saying. Just check out that beautiful tablescape!
- DIY: Waldtiere aus Filz aus der Mollie Makes Yes, that’s really the title. Unfortunately this is a tutorial in another language. I guess the “DIY” transcends all languages. Even if it was in English I doubt that I would be able to create something that wouldn’t wind up on one of those Pinterest fail sites.
- Rustic Woodland Tree Wedding Poster / Sign Etsy, you did it again! It’s fun to peruse the freebies that are online, but really nothing competes with the skills that these Etsy shop owners have. Isn’t this sign beautiful?
- DIY: Freezer Paper Stenciled Onesies In lieu of cheesy traditional baby shower games we’re opting for something a little more practical. We’ll be decorating onesies, using an idea inspired by this, although a little different. I bought this pack of fabric and transfer paper, and we’ll be using stencils similar to the DIY to make our own cute little onesies. (I’ll post about it after we experiment)
Note: I doubt we’ll have a buffet of 15 different types of chocolate as the pictures would imply, but I think that’s what happens when you Pin while pregnant.
- Sorry, this pin just took me straight to a graphic. It looks pretty self explanatory though, right? Red frosted cake pops with white dabs of frosting set over marshmallows.
- Free Form Onion Tart Sweet caramelized onions over a buttery, flaky crust sounds like the perfect rustic finger food on a cool September day.
- No tutorial on this gem either, but you can see a larger picture here.
- This Woodland Party has a few ideas, but my favorite are these owls. Especially excited because I found the molds for just a few dollars on Amazon!
- No tutorial, just another graphic. Little hedgehogs treats topped with black and brown jimmies and white non pareil sprinkles.
- Somewhere on this beautiful site, appropriately named Style Me Pretty, lies more information on these caramel covered apples, with cinnamon sticks for some extra rustic charm.
- Eggplant and Mozzarella Melt from my homegirl Martha Stewart. If you’re reading this Martha, I love you.
- Acorn Candies! These are made from Hershey Kisses and Nutter Butter Cookies, ingredients which are hardly healthy, let alone real. But.. I’m gonna do it anyway, and I probably won’t even try to source a healthier version.
While you're here make sure you enter these current giveaways!
$50 gift card giveaways (Ends 12/13)
$100 gift card giveaway (Ends 12/15)
$500 American Express gift card for you and a charity of your choosing! (Ends 12/20)You'll also enjoy...Google+