- Its not as hard as its made out to be.
- Get help, it never hurts to ask!
- It’s actually easier and more economical to use the old fashioned ones sometimes
- You don’t have to buy an expensive “cloth diaper safe” detergent
- It’s much easier to just use cloth wipes!
- Keep the wash routine simple, but rinse them well.
- The sun is the best stain and odor killer!
- Coconut oil is your best friend.
- Wet pails and rinsing keep ammonia away
- I wish I had known about my local cloth diaper swap! The deals I’ve gotten from local mamas are CRAZY.
- Diaper Genies don’t work. HOWEVER, a 13 gallon trash can and pail liners works wonders
- A good stash of NB diapers is worth it. Especially since you can resell them for close to what you paid
- Prefolds are great it when you’re new to cd and you’re sleep deprived…they aren’t the easiest thing to master!
- That using a regular detergent in regular amounts will prevent almost all your problems, bleach is nothing to be afraid of, and there are more myths about cloth diapering than there are truths.
- That there are SO many cloth diapering myths. Diapers can be washed just like your clothes. It is just laundry after all!! All the talk about cloth diaper safe detergents is just nonsense.
And the number 1 best piece of advice I’ve gotten?
Deep breath… it’s just a poop catcher