In our house there are a few common phrases that are thrown around. For example, if you ask my two-year-old what she wants to eat she’ll answer with “Chinese food” or “pizza” nine times out of ten. That other one time the answer is usually “mashed potatoes”. She’s a weirdo, I know.
This morning I got out of bed, half asleep and definitely not ready to start the day. I made the mistake of asking Cocobaby what she wanted for breakfast. I had visions of eggs and bacon, she had plans for … pizza (cue dramatic music). Quite the quandary considering that most pizza recipes require time and labor, and at eight in the morning I had neither of those to spare.
But when that baby looks at me with those big brown eyes I can’t help myself. I have a secret weapon afterall, which is Painless Pizza Crust. It’s quick, it’s easy, and I can do it pre-coffee. I think I should win an award. This pizza was that good.
- One batch painless pizza crust
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 small potatoes, already cooked and diced into small pieces
- ½ cup of cheese, shredded or diced
- Good quality oil, like olive oil or sunflower
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Warm a skillet and add a generous amount of oil.
- Sautee your garlic until it begins to turn brown and turns fragrant.
- Add your spinach and cooked potatoes and allow them to sautee for about three minutes until the spinach begins to wither. Immediately remove from heat.
- Shape your pizza dough and put it in your warm oven until it just barely begins to turn brown.
- Remove it from the oven and add just enough oil to cover the surface.
- Spread your spinach topping, then top with shredded cheese.
- Return to the oven and bake until the cheese is melted.
You'll also enjoy...Google+