It literally takes less than five minutes of prep, making these southwestern baked eggs a hit for breakfast for brunch.
They may look a little lumpy but they’re full of flavor and pack a lot of nutrients. Top with your favorite accessories like sour cream, avocado, salsa or — my favorite — hot sauce, and you’re good to go!
- 2 large potatoes, diced and sprinkled with salt, pepper and a dash of red pepper flakes
- 1 can black beans (if using dried beans, cook as instructed beforehand)
- 8 eggs
- Optional toppings: sour cream, avocado, salsa, hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Line the bottom of four ramekins with potatoes. Add beans on top. Crack two eggs over. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake until the yolks are firm and cheese is melted.
- Allow to cool, eat and enjoy!