So, I am fairly new with this crocheting thing and have been only making the simple things such as wash clothes, dish clothes and afghans. For those of you who are not familiar with the craft, there comes a time where you must end your special crocheted piece. This is where you cut off the access yarn. Well, I have been doing just that AND saving each cut piece for future crafting uses.
Come this September (the month of mine and my husbands Anniversary) I was in need of a loving gift to share with my wonderful husband. Since I am a stay-at-home mom of 2 little guys (and without transportation) I knew that it was up to me to concoct something sweet and wonderful out of my little creative mind.
I came up with this little heart mobile.
- pieces of yarn
- white glue/paste (I used Elmer’s School Glue)
- wax paper
- fishing string or white sewing thread
- bowl to poor your glue into
- Lay out a sheet of wax paper to place your hearts onto.
- Pour glue into bowl and submerge your string pieces into the glue.
- Once all string pieces have been soaked with glue, place them onto the wax paper and begin shaping them into hearts.
- Allow your new little hearts to harden, giving them a good 2 days (48 hours).
- Once they are good and hard, then you can pull them from the wax paper and string up with fishing string or white sewing thread.
- Be sure to string up at different lengths, thus, to give the mobile look.
And there you have it — a cute little recycled heart mobile of your very own!