Are you interested in joining our email list for exclusive recipes, videos and giveaways that are all about baby’s first foods? Sign up here! We’ll send you a notice a few times a month whenever we release a new recipe or video for your babes and you’ll be the first to hear about giveaways!
I have so many things that I want to squeeze into this blog post that I’m not even sure where to start, other than just diving right in. We’ve got:
- A great new series announcement
- A delicious recipe for your baby, toddler, big kid, or yourself (it’s delicious AND naturally sweetened, no sugar here!)
- A really fun giveaway (scroll to the very end to win over $100 worth of baby food gear from OXO Tot!)
First, I want to tackle this announcement. Soon my baby boy is going to start eating solids. He’s 20 weeks old right now and I don’t expect it’ll be too much longer judging by the way he eagerly watches us eating. This guys growing up way too quick. Just take a look at this little face:
Anyway, this little dude is too cute to keep to myself so as soon as he’s ready we’re going to begin a fun new video series featuring him! For the next six months I’ll show you what we’re feeding Luke and when and how. So if you have any little ones who will be beginning shortly, or you know anyone who does, make sure you subscribe to get updates from us so you don’t miss the series!
So what can you expect to see from us? How about a recipe like this one for spiced peach applesauce. It’s a perfect food for little ones once they’ve cleared the “one at a time” stage because there’s a fun variety of healthy flavors with, of course, no sugar added.
The thing that really separates this recipe from other applesauces that I’ve seen is that the fruits are roasted, not steamed or boiled. This is such a great step (and don’t skimp on it!) because it draws out so much flavor. And with just a hint of fresh squeezed orange juice and cinnamon you’ve got a mellow yet complex flavor that’s sure to please little pallets.
I used the OXO Food Mill for the first time and I’m pretty sure I’ll never make babyfood the same way again. You can put your fruits and veggies in, skins and seeds and all, and it’ll separate them out for you. I hate peeling with a passion, so this is my new staple way of cooking everything, not just babyhood!
By the way, this recipe transcends far beyond babies. My older kids (4 and 12) loved this as well. Throw this in a food pouch and you’ve got a great on-the-go snack for any age!
- 4 medium apples
- 2 peaches
- Juice squeezed from ½ orange
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 and bake apples and peaches, whole, on a baking sheet for about 25 minutes until they are soft throughout (pierce with a fork to check).
- Remove from oven, slice fruit in quarters. Remove pit from peaches (don’t worry about the apple seeds).
- Put fruit through your food mill on a medium grind. Add fresh orange juice and cinnamon.
- Allow to cool before serving.
Ready to make your own baby food (or know someone who is?) Enter to win this great giveaway sponsored by OXO Tot! THREE lucky winners will be chosen at random.Google+