I absolutely adore lavender. The smell, taste and the effects on the mind. I have noticed that the popularity of lavender lemonade has taken off like wildfire this year. I am really pleased to see this since it is one of my signature drinks!
Every summer since my little one was born I have been making lavender lemonade. The only difference between the recipes I see floating around and mine is that, I use raw honey instead of a simple syrup. The benefits of honey heavily outweigh the use of white sugar.
Keep in mind when drinking lavender lemonade you are also adding in the many benefits of lavender, honey and lemon. They are all powerful on their own. But combined together you are not only getting a delicious drink, you have created a medicinal drink as well.
Did you know?
- The scent of lavender increases brain waves associated with relaxation.
- Lavender soothes the lining of the digestive tract and promotes the secretion of bile, which helps the body digest fats.
- Lemon aids in the digestion of fats.
- Lemon clears the liver so that it can function properly.
- For relief of constipation drink lavender- honey lemonade warm.
- To start the day with a cleanse, drink the lemonade warm. This will stimulate the colon.
Cheers to a healthy body!