These little wipe bits are wonderful to make ahead of time so you don’t have to mix up wipe solution every day. They will keep your baby oh-so-clean and the ingredients are gentle and soothing. The soap is an effective cleanser, while the coconut oil gives the mixture some “glide”. The combination of chamomile and lavender gives these a wonderful, fresh scent and at the end of the day if you have solution left over, you can put it in your baby’s bath!
Now when you need wipe solution, simply put a cube into a jar with about 8 ounces of very hot water and shake it vigorously so it melts. The solution will last a day. You can either pour it over your wipes, or dip them into the jar.
- 1 bar unscented castile soap
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Chamomile tea (brew a cup, the amount you need will vary)
- 5-10 drops lavender essential oil
- Grate the bar of soap with a cheese grater or in a food processor.
- Put the grated soap in a saucepan over low heat. Add coconut oil.
- Stir mixture over low-medium heat adding small amounts of tea. The hot tea will help the soap to melt more evenly.
- Keep stirring until you have a somewhat smooth mixture that is thick and not watery.
- Add your essential oil and stir well to incorporate.
- Pour soap mixture into either a glass or metal container lined with wax paper, or a plastic container you can manipulate the mixture out of. You can also put it in candy molds to harden, just make sure they’re not very big!
- Put mixture in the refrigerator to harden.
- When it is solid, remove it from its container and cut it into ½ inch square cubes. (It’s not necessary to be exact!)
- Now when you need wipe solution, simply put a cube into a jar with about 8 ounces of very hot water and shake it vigorously so it melts. The solution will last a day. You can either pour it over your wipes, or dip them into the jar.
About our guest…Google+