Have you ever read the book, “If You Give a Mouse a Cookie”? I’m pretty sure when that book was written it was actually about moms.
Sometimes I get this wild hair to do a little something to a room and then it turns into this whole big ordeal. I love when I get those bursts of creativity and I just want to keep going with it!
This week, it all started with a little bit of paint.
We’re so pleased that Coco now has her own bedroom, but it’s a bit small and a little cold. Not physically cold, just.. emotionally. In order to save space we utilized a metal-framed loft bed to double the amount of floor room that she has.
What her room really needed was a fresh coat of paint, and when I found Lullaby Paints I kind of fell in love. Her room is in the middle of the house and doesn’t have a lot of ventilation, so it was necessary to find a paint company that doesn’t use a lot of “junk” in their products. Here’s a bit about them:
Safe for baby. And the environment.Our award-winning paint is praised as much for its color, coverage and durability, as it is for its safety. Attaining the highest certifications for product purity, Lullaby Paints is known in the industry as the safest paint available. Recognized by consumer advocacy groups and leading environmental organizations, used by hospitals and maternity facilities, lauded by magazines, designers and bloggers and, most of all, enjoyed by moms as pregnancy safe paints. We’ve revolutionized how safe and eco-friendly paints can be, for mom, baby, everybody.
I like to keep things pretty classic so we went with beautiful, bright white walls. But I wanted to make things a little cozier for her so we did an accent wall with their pink chalkboard paint. It’s fun, it’s quirky, we all love it!
Of course, the fun didn’t stop there. We ended up doing a bunch of other DIYs to liven up her room and I’ll be sharing our projects with you all week. (You can also visit my Facebook page where I’ve been sharing sneak peeks!) Since I’ve been so in love with the paints I partnered up with them, and now Lullaby Paints is going to offer one of you all a $200 gift card to their shop!
I’ll keep the giveaway open all month so enter often and check back every week to see other great projects! To enter, all you have to do is follow us on social media– Pinterest is my favorite way because they’ve got lots of boards with adorable room ideas!
In the meantime, I wanted to share with you all a bit of inspiration for other fun things you can do with chalk paint.
- Sebastian’s Batcave Big Boy Room: This room from Project Nursery makes fun use of black and white paint, making a big chalkboard wall the perfect compliment!
- DIY Chalkboard City Blocks: Who says that you can only use paint on walls? Let your kids get creative by painting blocks and letting them get a little extra creative at playtime. I love these little buildings from HelloBee, definitely on our to-do list!
- Chalkboard Globe: This globe seems to be Pinterest famous and it took a bit of tracking to find its original home on the HeyHeyMandyKay.com, but it was so worth it. I love the way it came out (and I’m a big fan of that font as well!)
- Ikea hack: Children’s Table: Who doesn’t love a good Ikea Hack? I especially love when you can recreate these looks using cheap cheap cheap pieces from thrift stores. We actually made a set much like this when my oldest daughter was little. This adorable tutorial comes from PaddingtonWay.com
- Chalkboard Wall Accents: These gold accents are the perfect way to adorn your chalkboard wall! I was looking for a clever solution for keeping chalk handy and I think this is just perfect. Check out the full post on DimplesandTangles.com to see what she did here and in the rest of her kitchen!