The countdown to Mother’s Day has already begun– did you know it’s just a few weeks away? And if you’re like me you scramble each year to find the perfect thing to get for your favorite woman in your life. So many women don’t take enough time to take care of themselves, so this occasion gives us the perfect reason to pamper ourselves!
Enter.. Herban Lifestyle: A small batch company handcrafting natural, organic bath and body products. Their products contain pure oils, essential oils, and herbs –certified organic, pesticide-free, chemical-free, ethically wild crafted and/or Fair Trade. Herban Lifestyle products will never contain artificial preservatives, synthetics, articial fragrances, artificial colors, petroleum-based ingredients, GMO’s or any other stuff that’s bad for you.
It is our mission make the world a happier, healthier, better-smelling place! We handcraft herbal bath and body products in small batches using natural, organic and Fair Trade ingredients, and earth-friendly packaging. We offer a variety of soaps, shaving products, and skin care.
Since this week is Earth Week, it seems especially relevant to mention the eco-friendly practices that they use. Their Green Business Operations include doing things like:
- Driving fuel-efficient vehicles
- Shipping via the US Postal Service, which holds “Cradle to Cradle” Certification at the Silver level for human and environmental health.
- 100% Wind Powered. They offset their carbon footprint with the purchase of Clean Currents RECs, and are an EPA 100% Green Power User.
- Using compact florescent bulbs, compostable bubble wrap, vegetable cellulose bags, and reusable cloth bags when shopping.
- Reusing, recycling, and composting everything they can, from paper, ink cartridges, and packing peanuts to herbal waste and compostable trash bags!
- As a certified business member of Green America, they also pledge to practice ethical business and labor standards, which is easy since everything we sell is handcrafted in Falls Church, VA.
- We are also certified cruelty-free by Leaping Bunny and PETA.
One of my favorite products: The Adzuki + Dulse grains with dried organic lavender.
Adzuki beans have been used in Japanese skin care for ages, and gently exfoliate without damaging the skin. Dulse is a type of seaweed known for its natural antioxidant properties and abundance of vitamins B6, B12, C, E, and A. Lavender is balancing, healing and clarifying, promoting the growth of new skin cells. Lavender is anti-inflammatory, so it enhances the appearance and health of the skin and evens out redness. This blend is best for normal to oily skin types.
I’m always trying to find ways to pamper my hair while avoiding toxins– it’s not easy! So I’m really digging the Deeply Herbal Shampoo Bar:
This shampoo bar is gentle on your hair, and has a lovely herbal scent from organic lavender and rosemary essential oils. Because their shampoo bars are made from pure organic vegetable oils, and absolutely no harsh chemicals, it won’t strip the natural oils from your hair, so you won’t need to condition. It’s super eco-friendly – since it’s in bar form, there is no need for a bottle!
Enter to win!
Love what you see? I did too! So today I’m proud to partner up with Herban Lifestyle and my favorite green bloggers to bring you this giveaway.