Do you remember the “Popeye The Sailor” cartoon that was very popular back in the old days? If you were a fan of the cartoon like I was, then spinach is probably one of your favorite vegetables.
Cooking spinach is easy: steam, stir-fry, boil, whatever! I really like to make my spinach dishes a little more fun by adding some beef in the mix to turn this veggie into an appetizer. I came up with my version of Spinach Beef Roll. It’s really easy and tastes great!
- Use beef sliced into strips as thin as possible.
- Use only spinach leaves if you like soft texture.
- Place the opening (where the roll ends) down first when cooking so the beef roll won’t fall apart.
To make this dish even better:
- Add bean sprouts into the roll for an extra crunchy texture.
- Brush Soy Sauce onto the beef instead of salt for Chinese flavor.
- Garnish with sesame seeds before serving.
- Add 1 T of liquor or cooking wine into the pan right before plating to add flavor and aroma.
- If you like spicy food, I recommend serving with Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce.
About the Author:
Dan S Shares easy Chinese recipes at http://myeasychineserecipes.com. His recipes come with step by step instructions and color photos to help you succeed in making every dish! Come check out all the easy recipes!