This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of National Frozen & Refrigerated Foods Association Blog Tour in conjunction with Mom It Forward Blogger Network. All opinions are my own. #HolidayHelper
It’s December, which means that holiday parties and potlucks are springing up everywhere. Are you up for the challenge?
Don’t worry, you don’t have to go it alone. I consider myself quite the little party planner and I wanted to share with you all a few tips to ensure that your experience in the kitchen is as fuss-free as possible.
Utilize Frozen Foods
Your freezer aisle can be your best friend. You can still find many of your favorite organic fruits and veggies in frozen form. Oftentimes these foods are frozen at the peek of ripeness so they’re actually more nutrient dense than shipped-across-the-country counterparts you find the produce aisle.
This comes in really handy for locavores who live in climates where you can’t get a lot of variety during these cold months.
Get Creative with the Classics
Delicious doesn’t always mean complicated. Take a few of your favorite staples (for me this includes spinach, bacon, cheese, and puff pastries.. mmm) and play around with them. Stick with the classic favorites and give them fun twists, but don’t feel like every dish needs to be a creative masterpiece.
Play With Flavors
And if you’re looking for some ideas for appetizers that are fuss free yet mouth watering, look no further. I pulled these ideas from Easy Home Meals (yes, there is such a site, and yes, it is as useful as you would imagine it to be!) and their Pinterest boards (any other Pinterest addicts out there?). You can also follow them on Facebook if that’s your preference.
- Spinach Artichoke Bites from Park House Love
- Cheesy Bacon Bombs from Oh, Bite It!
- Sun-Dried Tomato, Parmesan & Basil Whirls from Cherrapeño
- Sweet and Savory Cheesy Bacon Wrapped Puff Pastry Twist from Half Baked Harvest
- Turkey, Gruyere and Cranberry Mini Phyllo Shells from Athens
- Bacon Wrapped Green Beans With Brown Sugar Glaze from Rachel Shultz
- Stuffed Mushrooms from the Girl Who Ate Everything
- Bacon-Wrapped Potato Bites with Spicy Sour Cream Dipping Sauce from The Kitchn
- Spinach Artichoke Dip from the Wicked Noodle
A few fuss free suggestions from the Homegrown & Healthy archives: