Just to give you an idea of how behind I am when it comes to blogging: This was actually supposed to be a DIY tutorial for an easy but helpful gift for the holidays.
As in.. Christmas time.
But whatevs. This is actually the perfect project for Valentine’s Day. Who doesn’t need a little healing and nourishing on those lips during the cold winter months?
This recipe is super easy to throw together and if you’re into DIY skincare you probably already have everything on hand.
The lipstick is totally optional. I used one tube to color an entire batch, and it was mostly just for the drama of the finished product. It doesn’t actually show on your lips, or if it does it’s just a teensy bit.
- 1 tablespoon shaved cocoa butter
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon shaved beeswax
- 3 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 drop peppermint essential oil.
- Using a double broiler, melt the first three ingredients together.
- If you decide to add coloring or scent, simply add a tiny bit of the lipstick after everything else is melted. Whisk thoroughly.
- Remove from heat and pour into containers. Allow to cool overnight.