Have I ever mentioned how much I love my crock pot? Once the kids get home from school things get a little crazy (to say the least!) around here. If I don’t have dinner planned out (and sometimes even if I do), we get to feast on cold cereal or pasta with canned sauce. Not that the kids mind, but the hubs and I prefer something a little different.
That’s why I LOVE my crock pot. I can throw dinner in before the kids get home from school and forget about it until dinner time. I can focus on helping the kids with homework, instead of worrying about dinner. And that makes everyone a little happier around here.
This totally sounds like a sponsored post, but it’s not. I just love my crock pot!
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ cup cashews
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ cup water
- Place chicken in crock pot.
- Combine soy sauce, vinegar, ketchup, sugar, garlic, ginger, and pepper flakes in small bowl.
- Mix well and pour over chicken.
- Cook on low for 3 to 4 hours. (I prefer to keep mine in longer)
- About 30 minutes before serving, combine the water and cornstarch and add to the chicken; stir well and let the sauce thicken for the remainder of the cooking time.
- Just before serving add cashews and stir. Serve over rice.
You'll also enjoy...Google+