This recipe is a perfect addition to your fall menu. I love the easiness of the Crock Pot and the wonderful sweetness of fall apples mixed with tangy barbecue sauce, slow cooked over a mild pork tenderloin.
With only a few ingredients that you usually have on hand, this is a great recipe to throw in the crockpot in the morning, and come home to in the evening.
I threw my pork tenderloin in completely frozen, since I’ d be gone all day, but thaw it ahead of time if you need it done in a few hours. This is great with boneless skinless chicken breasts also.
Jan’s Tip: If you can not find chunky applesauce, you can use regular applesauce and throw in a peeled, chopped fresh apple or even stir in some apple pie filling or canned apples too.
- 1-2 lb. pork tenderloin
- 1 cup chunky applesauce
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 Tablespoons minced dried onions (or fresh!)
- Place Pork Tenderloin in crock pot.
- In mixing bowl mix together, applesauce, barbecue sauce, and onions.
- Pour the sauce over the pork tenderloin.
- Cook for 6-8 hours on low or 3-4 hours on high.
- Serve over a bed of rice or pasta.
- Drizzle a little of the remaining sauce from the crock pot over rice/noodles.
In mixing bowl mix together, applesauce, barbecue sauce, and onions.
Pour the sauce over the pork tenderloin.
Cook for 6-8 hours on low or 3-4 hours on high.Google+