Before I worked up the gumption to begin writing this post I was on another mission. I decided it was time to start following some other food blogs and scope out the competition, so to speak. I checked out a few potential bloggers that featured desserts– I saw beautiful photography labeled with unreadable words (apparently beautiful foods all come from different countries, because these words couldn’t have been in English) and a list of ingredients a mile long.
While I appreciate the aesthetics of these recipes, they just all seem so complicated to me. As a locavore I appreciate dishes and meals that are simple, composed of ingredients that I can find without going to specialty grocery stores. In fact, the less I can buy from any stores in general the happier I am.
I admittedly suffered a momentary lapse of judgement as I was dealing with blog envy, but I’m glad to be back here at H&H: sharing my simple ideas. I hope that you all are following along because you enjoy the same things as I do: delicious food comprised of simple ingredients that are fresh enough to pack a powerhouse of nutrients as well.
If that’s you then I hope you enjoy this recipe that’s effing amazing. We made it with both fresh and pre-shredded coconut. If you’re doing it for presentation and pizazz be sure to use fresh and save your coconut shell as a serving dish– it’ll make everyone think you’re super fancy!
- 1 cup freshly shredded coconut
- 32 oz (a large tub) vanilla Greek yogurt
- 2 cups blueberries, divided in half
- Using a blender or food processer, mix coconut, yogurt and half of your blueberries until smooth.
- Stir in second half of blueberries (*If you prefer a smoother ice cream then blend entire batch of blueberries).
- Add to ice-cream maker, following manufacturer’s instructions.