I mentioned recently that on Tuesday my oldest daughter started school and yesterday her little sister started her first ever day of preschool. Homeschoolers, don’t think I turned my back. I’m still not planning on enrolling her in kindergarten anytime soon, but the bug has hit my precious four year old and she really wants to see what this whole “school” thing is about. Now she gets to go for a few hours a week and she couldn’t be more excited.
I’ve never been happy about my kids going back to school because I kind of like them here with me, but at this point I’m ready for a break and doing a little “maybe now I’ll get time to blog” dance.
This means a lot of prioritization and delegation. Mornings are a bit more hurried and that after-school rush means that we need to have healthy foods waiting around that we can enjoy at any time to avoid hangry children and adults.
This recipe for Raisin Chia Pudding is one of my favorites. It’s made with California raisins so it’s naturally low in sugar and nutrient packed. With California Raisins, the nutrition label tells a great story: Zero fat, no cholesterol and no added sugar. Plus, raisins offer 9% of your daily fiber and potassium, and 6% of your daily iron. (per quarter cup serving). Pair those with yummy creamy soaked chia seeds and you’ve got a breakfast, lunch or after school snacks that you can feel good about!
I’ve called on some of my blogger friends to share with me their favorite raisin inspired recipes. Check them out, then leave me a comment with YOUR favorite way to incorporate raisins into your snacks!
- Rhubarb Quinoa Breakfast Porridge from Homemade Dutch Apple Pie
- Chai Spiced Whey Rice Pudding from Homespun Seasonal Living
- Soaked Granola Muffins from Raia’s Recipes
- Raisin Walnut Banana Bread from Raia’s Recipes
- Gluten-Free Oatmeal Raisin Cookies from Natural Chow
- Frittata Muffins with Caramelized Onions, Kale & Golden Raisins from Recipes To Nourish
- Healthy Chocolate Zucchini Bread from Montana Homesteader
- Gluten/Dairy/Nut/Egg free Energy Bars from Raising Generation Nourished
- The Ultimate Breakfast Cookie from Raising Generation Nourished
- Not Oatmeal Raisin Cookies from Gutsy By Nature
- Soaked Whole Wheat and Cinnamon Raisin Bread by Live Simply
- Coconut Slice by Homemade Healthy Happy
- Easy Homemade Granola by Around My Family Table
- High Protein Sweet & Salty Trail Mix from Don’t Waste the Crumbs
Visit www.loveyourraisins.com for more information about California Raisins and find us on Facebook where you can sign up to receive a California Raisins prize pack!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.