This post brought to you by Sam’s Club. All opinions are 100% mine.
It’s Spring, so turn up the grill and get those veggies ready! I don’t know about y’all but as soon as the weather is tolerable we spend our time outside: all day, every day. We’re inspired by the produce of Spring: corn, peas, beans, yummy fruit.
One of my favorite ways to get inspired and celebrate Spring at mealtime is to put my own tweaks on recipes from other sites and fit them to our tastes and style (not to mention what we have on hand). I pulled these from the Sam’s Club website (did you know they have recipes there?) and put our own little spin on them.
My daughter just happens to love charred chicken and can easily eat a dozen of these by herself (and she’s three, so that’s saying a lot!). Pair these chickens wings with some fresh pineapple and you’ve yourself the perfect meal for a hot evening.
Prep Time: 20min • Cook Time: 10min • Course: Snacks • 4 Servings
- 1/4 cup(s) maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 fresh pineapple
- 2 Tbsp. chopped macadamia nuts or hazelnuts, toasted
- Combine syrup and butter; set aside. Quarter the pineapple lengthwise, leaving top attached.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 5 minutes. Turn; brush with maple butter. Grill 5-7 minutes longer or until heated through; brush with maple butter and sprinkle with nuts. Serve with remaining maple butter.
Charred Orange Chicken Wings
Prep Time: 25min • Cook Time: 15 min • Course: Dinner • 4 Servings
- dozen wings
- dash of salt and pepper
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- Sprinkle wings with salt and pepper and grill over high heat until cooked all of the way through.
- Drizzle with sauce and return to heat, allowing the skin to char.
- Serve with pineapple.