Today I’m sharing with you the BEST brownie recipe I’ve ever made. I came across it about 2 years ago from Bon Appetit Magazine and I’ve been making my own version of it ever since. I’ve tried other recipes but nothing compares. This is the Super Bowl of Brownies.
What makes this recipe a stand out?? Well, I few things. It has melted brown butter, which is amazing. Brown butter recipes seem to be popping up a lot more as of late, but I love using brown butter in desserts, pastas, vegetables. Brown butter has a lovely nutty flavor and adds a level of complexity.
These brownies call for just 1/3 cup of flour, so they’re super dense. That’s a requirement for a brownie. I want a dense and chocolaty brownie.
This might sound strange to you, but I like to add hickory smoked almonds to brownie batter. I love a dessert with a little taste of salt…and some crunch, too. Crushed almonds have the best crunch.
As decadent as these brownies taste, their super easy to make. If you bring these brownies to a Super Bowl Party or make them for Valentine’s Day, people will think you slaved in the kitchen all day.
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 10 tbsp unsalted butter, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1¼ cups sugar
- ¾ cup natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, chilled
- ⅓ cup plus 1 tablespoon unbleached all purpose flour
- ½ cup hickory smoked almonds, crushed
- Position rack in bottom third of oven; preheat to 325°F. Line 8×8 baking pan with foil and leaving 2-inch overhang. Coat foil with nonstick spray.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Continue cooking until butter stops foaming and browned bits form at bottom of pan, stirring often. Remove from heat; immediately add sugar, cocoa, 2 teaspoons water and vanilla. Stir to blend. Let cool 5 minutes.
- Add eggs to hot mixture 1 at a time, beating vigorously to blend after each addition.
- When mixture looks thick and shiny, add flour and stir until blended. Beat vigorously 60 strokes. Stir in nuts. Transfer batter to pan. Batter will be thick.
- Bake brownies for 25 minutes. Check brownies by inserting toothpick, a few moist crumbs might stick to toothpick. Cool in pan on rack. Using foil overhang, lift brownies from pan. Cut into squares. Store in an air tight container.
Inspired by Bon Appetit
While you're here make sure you enter these current giveaways!
$800 gift pack for Nutrilite Vitamins (Ends 12/9
$100 gift card giveaway (Ends 12/15)You'll also enjoy...Google+