This post is sponsored by BabbleBoxx.com on behalf of Single Edition Media.
It’s that time of the year again! Every Spring, while most of are thinking about doing some purging and cleaning around the house, I always feel that urge to spend a little bit more time working on myself as well. For the rest of this month we’ll be sharing more tips on self-love and taking care of yourself, but I wanted to kick it off by sharing about a few brands who are focused on helping us all create a more balanced and wholesome lifestyle.
When former CEO Mike Harper suffered a heart attack in 1985, he began seeking healthier diet alternatives. This led to his idea for a line of delicious and healthy frozen foods that would help make it easier for people to live a healthier lifestyle. And after teaming with the FDA to create a set of standards that all foods must meet in order to be called “healthy,” Healthy Choice was born. [Source]
Let me just preface this by saying that frozen foods have come a long way from where I remember them back in the day. When I think of frozen “healthy” foods, the first thing that came to mind is bland. And then I saw the new look of Healthy Choice, and I was intrigued, and then I tried their products, and I was amazed.
These meals are made with ingredients that you actually want to eat, from ancient whole grains to colorful and unique vegetables and lean proteins — this chicken is all natural, with no antibiotics. Each ingredient is carefully chosen, meaning that your power bowls are packed with flavor and texture.
I was seriously surprised by these Healthy Choice power bowls and I think that you will be too! To find out more about them you can visit their website to find locations near you, or visit them on social media: Facebook / Twitter / Instagram
Arm & Hammer
Obviously wellness comes in a variety of ways. What can be easier than starting with something you do every morning and night? Arm & Hammer Healthy Gums toothpaste starts with a simple, natural ingredient that we use all of the time: Baking Soda! Follow them on Facebook to see more from Arm & Hammer and their line of products.
I’ve had 23andme on my radar for some time now. If you haven’t heard of it yet, they are a personal genetic company with a mission to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. In addition to helping you learn more about your ancestors and where you’ve come from, you can dive deeper and purchase the Health + Ancestry service to get health and wellness reports to:
- Determine whether you carry genetic markers associated with risks for certain health conditions.
- See how your DNA relates to your caffeine consumption, lactose digestion and your muscle type.
- Understand your carrier status to help you work with your doctor to prepare for the health of your future family.
- See how your DNA affects your hair color, taste preferences and more.
The Ancestry package (shown above) focuses on your lineage and lets you drill down into the details:
- Inheritance Tracing: Trace how certain populations were passed down through different generations – which is more interesting if you have family members in the database
- Ancestry percentages to the 0.1%: We provide estimates of your ancestry percentages down to the 0.1%, and we also give you the option to explore results with different confidence levels
- Chromosome breakdown of ancestry: See which pieces of your DNA come from 31 populations worldwideCompare DNA Relatives’ segments: In the DNA Relatives tool, see overlapping chromosome segments between you and your matches and compare them with up to 5 other matches at a time to help you triangulate new relatives for your family tree
At Mio, they say: “It’s not the number of steps you take. It’s how much heart you put into it.” — and I totally love that about them. Because sometimes we get so wrapped up on one facet of being healthy that we kind of overlook all of the other things, amiright?
With so many tracking devices on the market, what separates Mia?
Optimizing your health and fitness with our heart rate based activity trackers is what we’re all about. We strive to make a difference in your life, to inspire you—no matter your age or fitness level—to achieve your goals. We’re a pioneer in optical heart rate technology, having engineered the most accurate heart rate wearables and systems for more than 15 years.
Now we’re providing you with a prescription for exercise with Personal Activity Intelligence (PAI)—a simple, meaningful and personalized metric that makes sense of your heart rate data.
If you’re looking for a better way to tailor your workouts to give you the most results, then check out the products from Mia Global, you can find them online and shop right from their website or visit them on social media! Facebook / Twitter / Instagram